Inflammatory Response! (1 Viewer)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
Hey you know when the skin is open and there is an open wound... pathogens enter... blood clots the wound...high pressure blood and causes swelling and redness at the sight....

is it the actual site that is hot like the wound or is it the blood increasing in temperature...i thought it was just the sight as a result of so muhc blood rushing through causing it to heat up and teh fact that the blood doestn change temperature as a result of homeostasis in maintaing a balance inthe internal but then im still unsure!!..site or blood?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
It's the increased blood travelling to that wounded area that increases the local temperature. Homeostasis at this point is irrelevant because the body is trying to eliminate any pathogens from invading the body. More blood (hence white blood cells) reaching that area decreases the change of the pathogens from spreading from the local site to other areas of the body. :)

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
increased blood supply etc make it red and increases temp. increased tem can also create unfavourable environment for pathogen, cause they usually only have a small temp range. or something like that

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Quote=Hmm, also - histamine is released increasing permeability of blood vessels...which enables white blood cells to travel to the area of the body inflamed more quickly :)

Hey Lodgic, for a quickie, histamine is usually released by Mast cells, and these are triggered only through IgE, and IgE is resposible only for Allergic and Parisitic infections.

The main constituents tend to be the inflammatory mediatiors (TNF alpha cytokines) released by peripheral macrophages, which act as flag signals as well as contributing to the effects talked about just then i.e. redness, etc.

I'm not sure if HSC went into this detail but when TNF-Alpha is released, it may wind up in the liver, in which Acute Phase Proteins are created, and these too lead to local/systemic inflammation ;)

Felix Jones

HSC
Lodgic said:
My 'opinion' based on information i have mentioned:
In the blood, temperature wouldnt increase for ALL ur blood, just in the area of inflammation...

the blood temperature DOESN'T CHANGE, but the increased temperature is the effect of the increased blood flow to the wounded site. this effectively creates a hostile environment for the pathogen, and in most cases this eliminates it.

Felix Jones

HSC
Exphate said:
Cool replying to a question posed 12 months ago.
there will be other future students with the same problem.....so shut ur face!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)