Inexperienced lecturers (1 Viewer)

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Omg, goin to uni today was useless, and a waste of time, first of all i had inexperienced lecturer, which is a casual for uts, and secondly, he couldnt speak english properly, thirdly, it was suppose to go for 1 hr but it only went on for 20 mins, fourly there wasnt a unit outline supplied, we had to print it ourselves.

How bad, can u expect~~~~~~

suz

HSC
that's pretty bad....
At least you only have him for one elective
So is this lecturer a casual at your uni as well???

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
the trouble with a lot of casual lecturers are that they are Phd/masters/honours students who are smart as you get, but just dont have the experience from teaching -ie. they know their shit, but have a bit of trouble relating their shit to the class. i had a guy like that today

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
True. But there are a lot of casual lecturers/tutors who are students and are really good, as I've experienced.

I'd be pretty pissed off in theone123's position. It's just an inconvenience seeing as people expect a certain standard.

~Perfection

-Funked Up-
HSC
Originally posted by christ_ine
I'm assuming he does.
im in that lecture aswell..
its into to IT... my lecturer is even harder to undestand in my business elective :s

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
Originally posted by christ_ine
True. But there are a lot of casual lecturers/tutors who are students and are really good, as I've experienced.
yeah, :) i totally agree with you here, there are some excellent casual lecturers / tutors out there, i had a few of them last year and will again this year

adamj

My Lecturers are great. For Psych I have had John Haw and Glenn Newbry which have been informative. For Crim its was Denise Weelands and Dr Murray Lee whom have put forward a straight forward lecture and Dr Robert O'Neill is a really entertaining lecturer for Sociology. I have no problems with tuition at UWS.

babyslug

Too School For Cool
HSC
I have some really young student tutors for crim and for psych, but they're really really good. I have no problems - OH I STAND CORRECTED! I hate that social policy lecturer, dear god...

HSC
N/A
One of my lecturers who's indian is so hard to listen to...her english is off and she pauses after every word!! She....puts....me....to....sleeeeep!.....

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
All my lecturers are really good and really nice. One of my tutors is asian and shes so hard to understand, so we just fall asleep in class.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Originally posted by adamj
My Lecturers are great. For Psych I have had John Haw and Glenn Newbry which have been informative. For Crim its was Denise Weelands and Dr Murray Lee whom have put forward a straight forward lecture and Dr Robert O'Neill is a really entertaining lecturer for Sociology. I have no problems with tuition at UWS.
Denise is the devil in disguise.

Murray is really good though. His lectures get better in spring session crim.

I never went to sociology lectures, so I wouldn't have experienced Rob's entertainment :p

Psych is pretty dandy though.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
lectures are boring
fark i aint attending n e lectures no more
if ders n e thing important dey say in da lecture my friend will tell me
hahah
woo hoo so its down to 6 hours of uni a week now
and heaps more hours of studying at home

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)