Induction Query (1 Viewer)

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
hahah yes this is good then cos so far ive lsot 2 marks, and he has lsot the exact same 2 plus this induction question so hopefully i beat him. He rkns we are both in the top 10 but i think we are just outside of it but i cant be sure lol. I would be over the moon if i finished in the top 5
as long as u are within 0.5% of him u shuld get equal placing in the cohort.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
also i was going to recommend u complain if he gets the mark. but hes ur friend so lol might not be a gud idea.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
so if i end up beating him by 0.1% do we end up getting the same internal rank?
you most probably will, the school will send it in as an equal placing. the board of studies could change that. if u both get round top 10. u will both get 98 anyways.

michaeljennings

HSC
also i was going to recommend u complain if he gets the mark. but hes ur friend so lol might not be a gud idea.
hahahah yeah plus we arent in the same class so it would be hard too leave my class go to his teacher during class and complain lol

michaeljennings

HSC
no i was just guessing that 10th place at baulko usually gets 98.
ahh k cos my friend rkns we could easily get 98 so when you mentioned 98 it jsut got me curious. What would happen if i got 84/84 for externals and was ranked say 5th at my school is that 100 or 99?

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
u culd end up with 99 as a internal mark, with a ranking of 10th, if u grades really gud.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
ahh k cos my friend rkns we could easily get 98 so when you mentioned 98 it jsut got me curious. What would happen if i got 84/84 for externals and was ranked say 5th at my school is that 100 or 99?
if u rank 5th and get 100 for external. you most probably will get 99 as ur internal mark with an overall hsc mark 100 anyways since they round off.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
98 is not like super easy lol. its the equivalent of a 95 in mx2

khfreakau

HSC
yeah just to answer your query, it did say specifically prove by induction. if he used part i, i'm not sure that it's entirely legit, since you're basically proving it for two different unrelated things. i used the assumption and ended up with like half a page of working but i bashed it out and i got it, without using part i.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If you don't use the assumption you aren't actually proving it's true you are just stating it. Hence I don't think you'll get the marks.

Groesz

HSC
N/A
If you remember the formula; 1+2=2 then you should be be able to obtain maximum marks

michaeljennings

HSC
yeah just to answer your query, it did say specifically prove by induction. if he used part i, i'm not sure that it's entirely legit, since you're basically proving it for two different unrelated things. i used the assumption and ended up with like half a page of working but i bashed it out and i got it, without using part i.
cos all he did was simplify the LHS of the step where you have to prove n=k+1 cos it was a combination and it ends up being the same as the RHS literally takes like 1 minute to do which i think is a little unfair lol

descartes

HSC
N/A
Imduction = to induce a solution from an assumption

Deduction = to deduce a solution from a fact

If he used a fact to solve the problem rathe than his assumption then he hasn't solve dby Mathematical Induction, ergo no full marks (possibly some marks for proving true for first case, stating assumption, etc)

tambam

HSC
I'm pretty sure he wouuld still get at lleast 3/4 marks if he proved it and had all the steps..
In thee half yeaarly I had no clue how to do the induction question, I wrote out steps 1 and 2 and stated what I was meant to prove in paart 3 (wthout actually proving it) and still got 2/3 markks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)