Induced emf graph vs Magnetic flux (1 Viewer)

helper

HSC
N/A
REmember Faraday's Law

Its the change in flux that is important no the magnitude of it. So whenever the change of flux is a maximum, the EMF is a maximum.

So for a normal gnereator, when the flux is a maximum, the change in flux is a minimum and so is the EMF.
Think of what is the slope of the line, when looking at a graph of flux versus time.

Last edited:

dolbinau

HSC
when the EMF is a maximum, the change in flux is a minimum and so is the EMF.
You are saying EMF is maximum and EMF in the same instance :p, typo?

---

This kind of confuses me too. I just remember Induced current is opposite to the change in flux graph..(which makes sense I think since induced current opposes the change)

helper

HSC
N/A
dolbinau said:
You are saying EMF is maximum and EMF in the same instance :p, typo?

---

This kind of confuses me too. I just remember Induced current is opposite to the change in flux graph..(which makes sense I think since induced current opposes the change)
Yep TYPO, fixed up.

adnan91

HSC
Yes emf = change in flux / change in time

But to answer ur question! flux = magnetic field (B) x AREA. So Due to the directly proportional relationship the greater the area the greater hte emf :D

helper

HSC
N/A
adnan91 said:
Yes emf = change in flux / change in time

But to answer ur question! flux = magnetic field (B) x AREA. So Due to the directly proportional relationship the greater the area the greater hte emf :D
That is wrong. Look at the standard graph

The change in flux at the maximum flux is zero and no EMF. Think of the slope at the point.

Last edited:
HSC
so EMF is maximum, when the flux is parallel to magnetic field? i.e when flux is minimum?

helper

HSC
N/A
sonnylongbottom said:
so EMF is maximum, when the flux is parallel to magnetic field? i.e when flux is minimum?
EMF is minimum when perpendicular to the magnetic field for a standard generator. Look at the picture in my earlier post.

ashbashness

HSC
easiest way to think of it is that the change from 0 flux to any flux is pretty much infinite. then you find the place with 0 flux (ie parallel to the field) and voila, that's the place with highest emf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)