indonesia :the sooner foreigners leave, the better (1 Viewer)

hatty

Banned
is anyone else offended by indonesia's 3 month "deadline"??

news article

am i missing some type of info here? i mean, here we are sending our soldiers wasting fuckloads of money trying to help these mofos, and all they say is "you got 3 months, the sooner u leave, the better" ???? and the fact that they call it a "warning" or "deadline" doesn't make things any better either.

do they think we want to stay there forever or something?

please enlighten me.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
It's interesting.

Our desire to help fights with our pride. Which will win?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
i think i saw it on the news - isn't there a civil war somewhere there or something ... not 100% sure though.

danie

a fool
HSC
the rebels are exploiting the unstable state of indonesia as a result of the tsunamis. foreigners being in the country aggrevates the situation further and the government does not want anymore unecessary deaths, least of all if they are foreigners.

i think the "mofos" are in fact the rebels.

hatty

Banned
even if the foreign army is unarmed and helping the country rebuild?

and danie, the mofos i was refering arnt the rebels, they are actually government officials of indonesia.

CrashOveride

HSC
If Australia is willing to help, they can send funds/equipment and the Indonesian government can co-ordinate the relief effort.

You don't need weapons to conduct intelligence gathering.

hatty

Banned
so what are u thinking crazy? australia sent soldiers to gather intelligence so we can invade them one day? nice.

the reason australia sent troops was to help, and if for some reason indonesia would rather do the job themselves (which is fine) , they could at least thank us and kindly ask us to leave, instead of handing out "deadlines" and "warnings".

Last edited:

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
i dont think the indonesians should be worried, ive never heard of GAM doing anything crazy

and if Australia IS doing anything suspicious over there, well, DOwner has already given them a green light to attack us right? :) no worries mate! (only kidding!)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
of course tidak bagus.

being a well-informed indonesian, let me fill you in on what's really going on there:

women are still being gang-raped

shops are still being looted

whenever the chinese want family bodies back, they gotta pay a government official a helluva lot of money.

the more the world raises for the tsunami disaster, the government officials are happier because now they can afford to send their extended family overseas to live. none of that money is going to rebuild aceh.

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
yeh i agree with Cyan_phoenix. Its natural to be suspicious but whereva there are bad people, there are also good people...and i dont think the international community would have even bothered to donate if they were so suspicious. I mean why donte so many $$$ when you know it wont reach the needy?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
you two better be indonesian because thats just plain idealism. of course they're going to say 'the money will go to the poor and help the reconstruction' but who would give money if they said 'we need money to send the kids to america to study'? indonesian officials are mostly corrupt and mostly on the take. everyone is just so poor over there, and when people get suddenly rich they want to get as much money as possible. there are lots of good men in indonesia. the current president is a good, tough man and his government was the first to acknowledge that not all the money sent to aceh will be used in the directed manner.

im not saying that they will tax the money, i never said that in the first place. screw tax, just take it all for themselves. the indonesian government is not lawless, its the country that is lawless.

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
um.. said:
tidak bagus

im not indo, but i know wat dat means :rolleyes: [not good!]

ok i was watchin the news hour on sbs when ch 10 was in commercial mode

a few things got to me:

-transparency int labelled indonesia as the 5th most corrupt country! :mad:
-the indonesians have been mysteriously flying militants from militant orgs to that region for some reason! (i was like: wat the?), their activities are variuous no one knows y they're there.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
of course im chinese indo, because otherwise id still be in indo, robbing cars at traffic lights.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
You would have to be more than indonesian for me to believe that the money is being used to send the children of officials overseas. As far as i'm concerned you heard such shite from someone else, which is no better from what i hear from someone else. I want support to what you said. Mr Eazy has done better than you and at least gave some type of evidence that the country is corupt, but that doesn't support what you said about the officials children or that no money gets to where it should. And don't give me that 'idealism' shit. Your out of reality and need to trust the arrangements more, made between Oz and Indonesia.

I don't get your first sentence, it seems you are just repeating yourself and relying on something which you first need to prove. refer to my previous post.

i never said you did say that. It was a conditional statement.. If..then...
And again, you have said nothing new, so refer to my previous post.
i used sending children of officials overseas to study as an example, because if you look through the cabinet, most of them at the least have assets of shore, and in indonesia that means you got a lot of money to spare. you know why i dont trust indonesia's government and their agreement with australia? first hand experience, they compulsorily acquired my grandpa's plantation, and when he wouldnt sell it to the government for some horrendously low price, they came and burnt down the whole thing. how can i trust such people, and how can you trust such people?

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
That still doesnt mean that the money raised wont go to the victims of the tsunami

blackfriday said:
they compulsorily acquired my grandpa's plantation, and when he wouldnt sell it to the government for some horrendously low price, they came and burnt down the whole thing. how can i trust such people, and how can you trust such people?
Also, i feel for you, but that statement is generalising that all of Indonesia's officials are horrible. Thats like me saying you shouldnt trust the Australian government or legal system - my father was killed in a car accident because of a negligent driver, his sentence was only a $300 fine. But u cant generalise and sat that you cant trust our legal system can you. Thats plain stupid, its an isolated case and one stupid Judges decision.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
unfortunately that shit happens all the time in indonesia, it happened to my uncle's orange plantation a few years too.

did i ever say NONE of the money will go to help victims of the tsunami? of course a little bit will, just to keep jakarta happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)