Indochina HSC 2018 question (1 Viewer)

ayion

HSC
How would i answer this question, "How significant were anti-war movements to the US withdrawal from the Second Indochina War?" I also do Ancient History and if these types of questions popped up, i would've added other factors that i think was important to US withdrawal, so for this question i was thinking their military strategies weren't the best and caused the decline of the army's morale and other stuff. But i also read somebody's essay on this question and they focused purely on anti-war movements, is this what i'm supposed to do? And if so, can i write a paragraph on the tet offensive and what other things can i write about?

windebygirl

HSC
How would i answer this question, "How significant were anti-war movements to the US withdrawal from the Second Indochina War?" I also do Ancient History and if these types of questions popped up, i would've added other factors that i think was important to US withdrawal, so for this question i was thinking their military strategies weren't the best and caused the decline of the army's morale and other stuff. But i also read somebody's essay on this question and they focused purely on anti-war movements, is this what i'm supposed to do? And if so, can i write a paragraph on the tet offensive and what other things can i write about?
the best thing about anti war movement essays is that you can link everything back to the awm. so you wanna do a para on tet? link it to anti war movement . military strategies were televised (vietnam was the television war etc etc) and thus contributed to the awm.
so if i were doing that question, i probs wouldn't do a para on the awm, i'd just weave it in throughout the other paras.
btw - here's a good quote for tet (its talking about lbj): - ‘But then came Tet - and his ratings plummeted - as if Vietnam were a burning fuse that had suddenly ignited an explosion of dissent’ (Karnow)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)