Indivisibility of human rights (1 Viewer)

Azreil

HSC
So I've been revising for Legal, and actually using the Excel book for the first time, and came across the question "Explain the universal and indivisible nature of human rights".

I answered it with the universal and inaleinable nature of human rights. I check the answers and it says "Human rights are indivisible--that is, one is not more important than any other."

This seems at odds with both logic and the idea of primary/secondary rights. I mean, if I had to choose between being tortured and giving up social security, I know which I'd choose.

So is this just a case of illogic which we have to memorise, or is Excel wrong?

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
ok it does seem illogical however its suppose to mean that all rights are
= therefore u should receive all of them not just some as technically no human right is more important than others

its suppose to make sure u recieve all and not just some due to a states discretion over which rights are more important but it is highly illogical

Last edited:

obimoshman1234

the one and only
HSC
ok it seems illogical however
think about it this way if human rights were all = it means technically if a country puts say the fundemental HRs in they should not be able to then go we shall not give u say social security because it lesser than what we have given u. Its sorta like an ultimatium because u really cant give some human rights without giving the rest because there is no way to reason for doing so as all human rights are = .

hope that helped.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Azreil

HSC
Thanks for that :] I still find it kind of silly, but as long as we do have to remember it, that's fine. ;]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)