individual projects (1 Viewer)

HSC
Originally posted by ms.cinderella
salem witch trials - the different interpretations of the cause of it.. the majority of my info comes from books.. do we get marked down if we dont use a range of sources??
Woah...i'm doing almost the exact thing as you...how r u going on urs? and my teacher said today to try and use a range of sources on mine...and even if historians' views overlap (like everyone snitching off Boyer and Nissenbaum) to mention the different ppl...
Whats ur exact question?

shevy

historical truth vs. popular notion of new journalism-is it really new??
its gay and hard and i havent started writing yet-i dont even have a question

Abraxus

HSC
At the beginning of the course I wanted to do a topic on Bach, the classical musician since I'm into his stuff, but there was such a lack of historical debate, my teacher went against it. So I changed my topic to the Titanic disaster and how historians have viewed and interpreted it and made it so controversial and romanticized to the extent it has today (eg. the movie and so on). Its pretty cool, I have a lot of interest in the event to begin with so I found it quite easy to find sources and it was an excuse to watch the movie again and again. My teacher even told me a few stuff about other Titanic movies that have been exaggerated and stuff, so its all good.

Acid

HSC
I'm doing the portrayal of history in video games. My focus question is "Assess how games developers seek to change the way history is perceived". It's pretty interesting, and half the research is actually playing games! :)

Demandred

HSC
I am doing 'What Exactly was the French Revolution'.

It was pretty to find the historians and their arguments.

Barb

i'm doing the Spanish Civil War (was it the first battle of WW2) and using mainly books from the uni library, which is very useful. also, random websites (like uni course descriptions-they have good quotes)
and yeah...how is everyone going with theirs?

nitabita

i'm doing the whitlam dismissal...pretty interesting, yet time consuming :rolleyes:

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
gosh ... i sound like a freak but i am in year eleven .. and i am already egtting myself sorted for ext. hist ... i am so enthuised! i am like a history freak ... i am scarying myself

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Lol, gettin urself started early sounds good, wish i had of thoiught of that.................
Meh. Go MOVIES GO!!!!!!! (yeah, i really do like my topic)
Barb, wen r we gettin back our essays??? And, do we have to hand in a synopsis draft as well soonish???? I cant even write it....ARGH~~~~~

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
^^ i arent actually starting, starting but yeah, i am thinking of topics and reading about them .. i wouldnt actually start writing a year before that would be ... freaky!

i just hope my topics is approved and stuff .. otherwise all that work will go bye byes

Scarlett O'Hara

Hi i was wondering are there any ppl who have finished their ext history project who are willing to post me their assessment ? (i promise not to copy because i'm done too much research on chinese history anyway) please :) much appreciatos

school email address weno@vortex.olmc.nsw.edu.au

owoodley

For my history assessment im doing research into how perspectives and sources on the Hill End goldfields have changed and been manipulated over time, due to issues such as social and industrial development... fun stuff!

---

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)