Individual Projects 2004 (1 Viewer)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Just wanted to start a thread to see what everyone has decided to do for their Individual Project. I'm really bad at practical, so I'm doing a Theatre Review Folder. We had to do one in year 11 and i loved doing it.

What's everyone else deciding to do?

emily

do performance - they get a week longer than us (those not doing performance) and it isn't as stressful in the lead up (although that's as long as going on stage doesn't completely freak you out!)

or do set because i loved it, but it was just a bit too much work for 30%...

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
emily, i dunno about your comment: "it isn't as stressful" regarding performance because you also have your GP on the same day, or the day after if alot of people are doing performance at your school... I disagree because "you only get one shot, one opporunity" (as eminem says) to get your performance right, however if you do a project and manage your time you are sweet and can perfect it...

I suggest video to anybody thinking of choosing, as long as you've got some experience with it and enjoy making movies... Check out the other posts and see what is said (especially "noobies considering video drama")

- M A D D O G Z -

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Originally posted by emily
(although that's as long as going on stage doesn't completely freak you out!)

^^ which for me is the reason why I won't be doing a performance! Just gotta get through these nerves for the GP. It just depends on what you feel comfortable with, I guess. If you have troubles writing an essay, then don't do one. If you suck at performance (like myself) don't do performance! Nothing's ever 'easy' anymore.......it's taken me 5 years to realise that!

InvisibleCola

I did scriptwriting for my IP. I absolutely loved it because I love to write, and I found that I **hated** individual performance! (But loved GP because I was fed off other's energy, and that rocked!) My script took me the entire 3 terms to write and edit, but I wrote the majority of it in a weekend. I actually had a major case of writer's block during term two which I had never experienced till now!
Any IP that isnt performance, you must remember to make your logbook really thorough because the markers actually take time to read it, not just quickly flick through it.
I was pressured by my teacher and other class ppl to do perferformance, but I have *NO* regrets whatsoever doing scriptwriting. I learnt a new way to express myself.

Aliooh

hey ya everyone well im thinkin of choosin individual performance but its so hard to find a decent script thats funny and heaps entertaining. Any suggestions or places u can look for them any help would be sweet as.

dezzy

HSC
our teacher hasnt really spoken to us about the hsc projects yet..

but ive been thinking and i think ill just do a performance....

i wanna show my teacher and class wat im really made of:p

fringey

HSC
Originally posted by grk_styl
lol dezzy

A quick question to the '03ers' --> for our ip journals, what exactly do we have to put in them?
I posted this in another thread:
If you go to onstage you will see e.g of log bks. There is nothing on the net. My project did so well (internally) because of my work in my logbk. You pretty much include EVERYTHING!! And it doesn't matter what order, what you feel comfy with.
e.g: - personal reflections
- journal entries
- research
- problems blah blah blah!
- They love colour so do heaps of collages and stick lots of pictures in
- pay attention to detail e.g nicely covered book, title pages and neat writing, dont put your name on it though
- and anything else you can think of
- practice and rough working
-sketches
- photos

the type of your project will determine how big it is. Mine was huge!! It is heaps of fun and quite relaxing.

START NOW! Because it is hard to make up entries. What I did was I put a piece of paper in the book of where I would like to get up to by say the end of the summer holiday's and tried to fill up to there.

Lastly, I probably spent too much time on my logbk, so don't neglect your actual project because time fly's! Good Luck!

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Originally posted by fringey
I posted this in another thread:
If you go to onstage you will see e.g of log bks. There is nothing on the net. My project did so well (internally) because of my work in my logbk. You pretty much include EVERYTHING!! And it doesn't matter what order, what you feel comfy with.
e.g: - personal reflections
- journal entries
- research
- problems blah blah blah!
- They love colour so do heaps of collages and stick lots of pictures in
- pay attention to detail e.g nicely covered book, title pages and neat writing, dont put your name on it though
- and anything else you can think of
- practice and rough working
-sketches
- photos
Thank you so much! It would be nice for my teacher to actually TELL me this stuff. Dumb lazy bitch! Sorry. But seriously, we had no idea. I'm doing Theatre Criticism, so I'm still unsure of what I have to include. I mean, what can I write other than what I saw at the theatre?

fringey

HSC
- It would be helpful to do a section in your journal about criticism of theatre generally speaking i.e.. the purpose of it, who does it, where it is included and lots of examples of actual theatre criticism (include what you liked or didn't like about certain examples etc and it will give you a feel for the type of language used.)
- before you go and see a piece write down in your diary what you are thinking of seeing and when and what's more, why.
- include the advertisement (the one that you had to ring up to get your tickets)
- every time you go and see a play get absolutely everything you can on it i.e.. poster, program, stickers your ticket and then stick it in.
- As soon as possible after seeing it write an entry in your journal about the play. I'd try and write as much as possible because you will be suprised how quickly you will forget it.
- draw sketches of the stage, setting, costumes etc to take up space. It doesn't matter if you can't draw. A good idea would be to take a camera, although sometimes they don't allow this but perhaps you could organise with the theatre to stay behind and take some photos.
- i'd then try and find as many critiques/reviews on the play that you have seen from local newspapers even the net to see what other people thought of the play.
- then include all your drafts from 1st to final.

I think that will fill it!! :)
I haven't looked on CSU site for this type of IP but I'd have a look if I was you.

lethal kangaroo

I'm still on a toss up between lighting design and video. I'm already doing video in Ext 2 English, and a doco for Design & Tec, so I;ll probably end up doing Lighting. Theres not that much info on it- I've only sen one example- anyone else doing/ done this for there IP?

caramelheaven

serial coconut.
HSC
heya kangaroo!
yeh im doin video for 4unit as well.. im so retarded i havent been able to start it yet. better get to it!
wat r u doin for it?
how r u going about editing?
btw.. PERFORMANCE RULES!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)