• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

indivdual and society: essay plans! (1 Viewer)

jye_smith

Hey, i was wondering if anybody could help me out: im a bit confused on what are the most importnat points to raise during my essay and creative response. so if your willing, please post any essay plans u have or pointers! be even better if they were in point form (cause that's how i remember them in the end)

thanks for any help! and goodluck for this friday !

Jos

ummmm.... in the essay i usually do this:
- An introduction that includes the basic ideas of the text u r doing and the argument u are trying to follow about the idividual and society.
- My essay plan is pretty simple, perhaps too simple, but after intro I just go on to talk about prescribed texts usually the one I feel most confident with first and then the next one. With the second text I try to link it into the ideas I had talked about during my discussion of the first text.
- And then on to my related texts with the same pattern and to follow, a conclusion to sum it all up and to finish my arguement.

Some of my favourite issues, just if you were wondering: women's issues, the role of religion, social conventions and expectations, strength of the individual and philosophie of the composers. I hope this isn't too late!

overthaedge

HSC
-An intro of hte basic ideas
-Social pressures upon gender roles, in relation to social and philosophical paradigms, going through Browning, and my two supp texts- Tolstoy and Morisot
-Social structure in relation to social and economic paradigms, going through Pride and Prejudice and my supp text of Polanski's Tess of the Durbevilles
-Science versus Religion in relation to scientific, relation to scientific and religious paradigms, in Browning, Tolstoy and Polanskis texts.
-Then just a normal conclusion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)