Indiv and Society Creative Task (1 Viewer)

PurpleSky

HSC
Hi Guys,

I have my half yearlies coming up soon, and we've spent alot of time on the critical aspects of the course, but I think my teacher has failed to realise there is a creative component worth the same amount of marks.

How and what do we prepare for the creative task? Do we need to prepare a narrative with a plot? Or a non-fiction critque on 19th Century society? Or a first-hand account of an individual in the society itself?

What kind of things do we need to do include? I am totally lost with this aspect of the course.

If anyone can help, twould be greatly appreciated! Luvya all!

madelyn

HSC
Yeah, I'm in the same situtation myself, and completely stuck for a narrative idea. Any input would be appreciated

stellaaa

HSC
Well, I'm doing a creative composition next week. My teacher has given us samples of past creative pieces. The thing is, you can't really make notes on it. Like, you need to know what happen during the period, including events, conflicts, etc... You need to do substantial amount of research. By all means, learn, study and reseach on all the paradigms but you need to know what was happening at the time and how it effected the people.

Look at past papers. They tend to ask the same thing just in different styles i.e. speech, letters, script, etc.

But I think research is needed.

I hope this helped - if it made any sense. Goodluck!

evviebaby

HSC
ok for my 1st creative i got 6/25. that was cos my teacher failed to tell the whole 3 of us in the class, that the creative had to be pretty much a 19th C text. u have to pretty much write ur own 19th C whatever (novel, letter etc). which means u have to use 19th C language, NO COLLOQUIAL STUFF and dont give ur main characters 21st C values...... if they are transported to another time.... they don't change the way the think!!!!!!! eg under no circumstances will Nora become a prostitute!!!

what i did was sort of appropriated the novels.... like in my HSC creative i was writin a letter to my wife about a book i was publishing that was about her and how great she was.... she mostly had Marg from N&S's ideals but there was a lil Lizzy too. im just tryin to help and i really hope none of u get 6/25:(

if u were wondering i got 44 in my hsc - however, hardly thanks to my horrible teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)