indirect policies to promote/restrict trade?? (1 Viewer)

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
my teacher told us to go over ch 16/17 of topic 4 before the trials and i've come across this dotpoint and i can't find info on the INDIRECT policies to promote or restrict trade in either of my text books. i've got direct trade policies (eg doha round, trade agreements etc). does anyone know about the indirect policies??

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
what about monetary policy and the effects of interest rates on the Australian dollar with relation to exports. Policies to keep the Australian dollar under 80 U.S. cents for instance has a direct implication on foreign direct investment and an indirect implication on the exporting of our domestic goods. There are actually quite a few policies that would have such indirect impacts... I can't think of any more from the top of my head + I might be wrong lol, please inform me if I am

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
sorry i should have specified - the dotpoint comes under trade policy so i can't use macro policies.

Last edited:

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
ahhhh ok. I don't work by the syllabus which is probably really stupid.

How are there indirect trade policies... that doesn't make sense buddy. If it's a trade policy it MUST be aimed at a trade issue, there are no indirect impacts correlating to trade affairs... I don't get it...

Demandred

HSC
Indirect to promote trade- a healthy economy basically. Microeconomic reforms would probably be the best bets are mostly derived from investment to take advantage of comparative/absolute advatages. Things like...

- Policies to increase in technology intake
- Highly skilled labour formation
- Market orientated policies in

As for hindering trade, the first thing that comes to mind are subsidies. I don't think you'd be tested much on that point, it's probably going to be represented in a MC question or a 2 mark short answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)