Indigenous studies - does anyone do it? (1 Viewer)

Tim_Shady

HSC
N/A
If ya'll say no... i will know why.... it is a bitch of a topic and boring as shit.

however, my teacher made us do it, saying that only 300 people in the state do it, so the chances of getting a higher mark than say consumer law are good.

but this doesnt really apply if u are shit at indigenous peoples like me.

does anyone out there even do this topic - and if they do, do u hav any notes u could share? there is none in the resources...

thanks

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
im doing this topic and i havent made any notes yet so sorry.
i know it's a bitch seeing that there are no notes on indigenous people on the bored :p THis means that i have to actually do my work in class/hw :(
i recently borrowed the premlinary textbook to revise my work on it.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
doing world over right now i'll get it done eventually and then study everything else tomorrow yay!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
stop BOSing lol
takes away your attention away from studying :p

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
JUST FINISHED WORLD ORDER! INDIGENOUS NOTES OUT TYPING THESE ONES THOUGH. NOT THAT ANYONE CARES THEY WILL BE ENOUGH TO GTE ME THROUGH TOMORROW THEN WORRY ABOUT PROPER ONES WHEN WE HAVE ACTUALLY DONE THE TOPIC. WHY AM I WRITING IN CAPS dark secrets study

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
i SHOULD BE STUDYING for law and society seeing that i have a mini-exam thing, but now its postponed muahaha >=)
btw my trials arent in a few weeks time, but i know i should study.
im feeling tired and sick so im apathetic to work now :(

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
im doing indigenous peoples...and i can't even spell it, which could be a problem lol. Our teacher found us some stuff in the hella old textbook, but im using our year 11 text as my main refrence, seeing as how it has heaps of info... tis all right though, i have a full week to learn it and world order lol :rolleyes:

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
just a quick not guys! IP is freaking easy! its not that complex and all you have to do is find some case studies and away you go- ie. the mabo and wik decisions, the western sahara case, the efforts by international bodies to help with IP self determination. guys i wish i would have kept my notes for you because it is seriously the easiest module out. my advice is look at the exemplar answers on the standards package, see how they have written their essays and sought of copy what they have done- of course without plagarism!

imsooverskool

HSC
just a quick note guys! IP is freaking easy! its not that complex and all you have to do is find some case studies and away you go- ie. the mabo and wik decisions, the western sahara case, the efforts by international bodies to help with IP self determination. guys i wish i would have kept my notes for you because it is seriously the easiest module out. my advice is look at the exemplar answers on the standards package, see how they have written their essays and sought of copy what they have done- of course without plagarism!

imsooverskool

HSC
just a quick note guys! IP is freaking easy! its not that complex and all you have to do is find some case studies and away you go- ie. the mabo and wik decisions, the western sahara case, the efforts by international bodies to help with IP self determination. guys i wish i would have kept my notes for you because it is seriously the easiest module out. my advice is look at the exemplar answers on the standards package, see how they have written their essays and sought of copy what they have done- of course without plagarism!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i do it, and it's my favourite topic, like triple poster said, it's very easy, I LOVE IT!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Hemi said:
*BuRp* :uhhuh:
please do not spam in this forum, especially when you're in year 10 and haven't even picked legal studies! *tsk tsk* :p

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
damn. can bad rep people..
gahhhh.. spammers :p

LoLz It'S OkAy KeKe SpAm aLL YoOh WaNtZ KekKEkeE :rolleyes:

blahs, i got and assessment for this topic and the essay question is like so broad that i dont even know where to begin! :(

emily, lol check out her profile she doesnt even want to do legal studies LOL!

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
Evaluate the effectiveness of International law in protecting the rights of the Indigenous people.

if you people would give me ideas to what to include in it then it would be GREAT. thanks! :) :)
due friday.

santaslayer

HSC
dark`secrets said:
Evaluate the effectiveness of International law in protecting the rights of the Indigenous people.

if you people would give me ideas to what to include in it then it would be GREAT. thanks! :) :)
due friday.
I'm at uni now, but the things that come to mind are obviously all the bits and pieces of conventions that exist in attempting to protect indigenous people. What's that piece of new generation conventions which seek to give relief for communities seeking self determination.

You would also include international courts such as the ICC and ICJ. A thorough comparison between the two courts is probably required.

That's all I can think of now. My Marketing tutor's comming my way, gtg!!!! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)