Independant 2002 trial exam (q 14). (1 Viewer)

-X-

HSC
N/A
Hi this is a multiple choice question 14 from that trial exam.
14. The manager in your company has just asked you to scan the official company photographs
of 2002 so that they can be later used to update the company website and handbook. Which
of the file formats will they best be saved as so that no image degradation is later
encountered?
(A) GIF
(B) TIFF and GIF
(C) JPEG and BMP
(D) GIF and BMP
The answer is C according to the answers. But the question is asking the best format for "no image degradation later". JPEG is a lossy compression which means parts of the image data is dissapeared. My answer would have been either D or B.

Am i missing something here?

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
GIF is a big image degrader
The answer with the LEAST image degradation would be C.
I agree with you that JPEG's compression results in bad image quality but its the best of the 4

~k8t~

why is there any degredation at all?? i dont get it??
i can understand that a normal picture on paper would become worn and more degraded as time went by...but why would an image on a computer do the same? if it can be physically worn away??
:confused:

Winston

HSC
ok well first of all they want it for a website and u dont use BMP's for websites u use gif or jpegs

jpegs quality is better than gif and also better than tiff

so lets eliminate

not a, not b, and not d

the fact they want lossless degredation i assume they want a succeeding copy that had lossless quality so thus BMP will be the answer.

So C

-X-

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
jpegs quality is better than gif and also better than tiff

So C
Actually tiff is better. But anyway i see how they got "c" now. Aparently gif cant support any thing more than 256 color which stuffs up the image. So jpg and bmb would be the best.

thanks for the help everyone. :)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by -X-
Actually tiff is better. But anyway i see how they got "c" now. Aparently gif cant support any thing more than 256 color which stuffs up the image. So jpg and bmb would be the best.

thanks for the help everyone. :)
Well thats a very controversial debate with TIFF and JPEG

because u can debate the fact that JPEG 2000 is extremely good quality... i dont wanna go too in depth but JPEG is the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)