incompetent bos (1 Viewer)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
felt like being a bit abusive about the board of studies in general.... ahh... we're being led by a bunch of losties..

has anyone seen the syllabus dot point in the ideas to implementation section...(section 4.. the third dot point down in the first column...)

"conduction = the UNIMPEDED flow of electrons through a lattice"

???????????????????

i was under the impression that conducting electrons would always be impeded by the crystal lattice of cations, except in the case of a superconductor (which this dot point does not specify)...

can someone please explain this to me?
or if they can't, could u plz take the time to abuse bos along wit me... hehe... jk? ^.^ ah well...

Last edited:

^___^
HSC
u have lost me when u stated "conduction = the UNIMPEDED flow of electrons through a lattice"

as far as i've learnt in i2i...any materials in this world can be a insulator, the reason why conductor act the way they are under normal circumstances is because of the way their atomic structure is layed out...that is, the number of electrons are on the outside orbit...
and also, not to mention how the way the whole atomic structure looks like

correct me if i am wrong

robertdapice

I'm afraid it gets much much worse than that...

Cast your eyes down two dot points, and you'll notice this:

"Describe the occurrence in superconductors below their critical temperature of a population of electron pairs unaffected by electrical resistance."

then, "discuss the BCS theory"

?

The first dot point is the BCS theory. But I suppose you only have to 'provide characteristics and features' for the BCS theory in the first dot point, but provide 'points for and/or against' the BCS theory in the second.

How intelligent.

Furthermore, finding discussion points will be ever so easy, especially since we have a comprehensive understanding of why phonons allow cooper pairs to be formed.

I think I'm going to hurt someone.

Preferably, Mr. Board of Studies.

(BTW: Yes, it was my understanding that conduction does not mean unimpeded electron flow. I think that dot point is meant to imply that electrons are not bound to a single atom in the lattice. The next point 'identifies resistance'. Unimpeded was a phenomenally poor word to use. Bah!)

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
hehe.. ppl must have been half-asleep whilst writing the syllabus...

i've found out... last year, that dot point said that conduction was the "impeded" flow; this year it's somehow been changed to "unimpeded"... (??)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)