Incompatible Units (1 Viewer)

mattyg87

HSC
I have a problem with a few units in my course now that i have read the lecture notes for lecture 1. It says:

"you can not claim credit for both Database Design and Development and Introduction to Database" or something along those lines.

My problem is that I have done Introduction to Database in year 1 of my course as it was a core unit, and Database Design & Development is part of the Web Development Major that i want to do.

It doesn't say anything on the UWS page for DD&D about it not being compatible with Intro to Database, but now i find out i can't claim credit points for it. What the hell does this mean? I can do the unit but it wont show up on my degree? I would email the lecturer about this but i already have about a different issue and she hasn't replied in a few days.

Not to mention all the other problems i have had with uni already this semester. Its confusing the crap out of me. :bomb:

foxydena

HSC
here is a link that tells you this http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/unit.asp?unit=300132.1

I emailed the course advisor Dr Dongmo Zhang a fair while ago and he said this

"300132 Introduction to Database is incompatible with 300104 Database Design & Development you only need to complete one whether you are doing a major." i.e I am assuming you only need to complete the the Introduction to Database

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)