incest... (1 Viewer)

Lhyviathan

2/cos C
HSC
*hangs head in shame* Well, it just goes to show it DIDN'T come from a jokes site, and instead from the dregs of my mind... (something similar is probably on a site somewhere, though...)

Anyway, do you think society would still have this stigmata if a link wasn't drawn between incestuous relationships and birth defects?

That is to say... it it wasn't concluded, would people still be marrying their cousins?

Greenwood

Banned
HSC
I just wanna know if anyone has made a move on their sister or cousin and they rejected them. that'd be so wack

G

go_elizabeth

thats what i wanted to know!! 6 pages later and nothing!!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
The entire Royal Family practices incest. Admittedly, not close incest, but incest all the same.

Prince Phillip is Queen Elizabeths second cousin.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
this lady who used 2 work with my mum has a weird story.

her parents divorced and her dad remarried another lady with a son (so it adds to 3 kids, maybe there was a 4th i duno) anyways, this lady we know grew up with this son and her sister and cos they were still little it was like bros and sis. but then, later on, when they were all grown up, her sister married the step brother. they hav a daughter, who is totally confused and also have a son.

the daughter apparently ffigures sisters and bros can marry, and doesnt understand how both of her grandma's are/were married to the same grandad. (i dunno wat happened to the original dad of the son)
anyways its weird

nicko88

whatever..
HSC
I saw this lady on Oprah once and she was the daughter of her mother who was impregnated by the mother's father. So they both have the same dad. How weird is that? And she has all these illnesses and everything.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ujuphleg said:
The entire Royal Family practices incest. Admittedly, not close incest, but incest all the same.

Prince Phillip is Queen Elizabeths second cousin.
its not like they practise incest- they marry royal blood usually and mostly in the past. which does not offer variation from one royal family to the next as some of these families have mingled

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I take Not-That-Bright's point, and can see where he's coming from....but i worry about that kind of logic being applied too liberally, for instance one could argue (which i am not, but i have known one of my teachers argue it) that having sex with children is only wrong because it's a moral standard placed upon society, in modern times, and that a long time ago having sex with children was acceptable...

i think there's a point where a moral standard is a standard for a reason, and not "imposed" on a society.

not having a go at u btw, just adding my 2 cents
I agree, there's a reason for most moral standards, most of them aren't imposed on us by society...
However there was a discussion here about girls not wearing tops/bra's people said that would be ok. There have been discussions about going out with much older/younger people, this has generally been seen as ok. There have been alot of moral standards on this forum discussed, people usually deciding not to take the moral high ground... I can't see the real difference here..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
There's no such thing as the correct moral to take. The only one you can take, is the one that suits YOU the best.

However, society generally frowns upon things which are bad for your health, such as smoking, drugs, homosexuality and sleeping around. This is a good thing in my opinion, as it forces people not to hurt themselves.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Apparently in America before you get married to somebody you have to have blood tests done to make sure your not marrying your brother or sister. I was like hmmm when I found out, but then apparently its cause of the whole 'one night stand' or unknown pregnancy thing. (this is with the exception of vegas obviously)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Yeah, and apparently, you're full of crap.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Call me crazy, but wouldnt you know if you were related? I mean, the wedding would be the most obvious when the families come and don't know if they should sit on the groom or bride side.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
No, I think its in case the mothers had like a one night stand and fallen pregnant or something. And then the child grows up not knowing its father. And the father doesnt even know it HAS a child. Then in another relationship gives birth to another child. Then the two children end up having the same dad but not knowing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)