Inbound call centre... (1 Viewer)

jmerusel2000

Hey guys, I was just wondering what kind of course (TAFE) I would have to do to increase my chances of getting a job at an inbound call centre. My friends mum got a job at optus where she just gives people info on mobiles and stuff (i think) and shes got no experience in this kind of thing. I just thought this would be a pretty easy job and good pay aswell. Also would it increase my chances of getting a job at telstra beacuse my dad worked there for 30 or so years?...

Thanks In Advance. ;)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I doubt TAFE courses will do very *much* if it's only a casual/part-time job, but if you're looking for a full-time job..

I'm assuming things along the lines of customer service. I'm trying to think of something more related to telephony, but I'm stumped :p

I think the best way is to have a good grasp of the English language, confident speaking/customer service skills, that sort of thing.

Generally call centres handle calls from various companies, so unless you're looking at one (Telstra, I assume?) in particular don't count on needing to know anything about the product(s). And in response to the question about your dad - he might have contacts, but other than that I can't see why they'd hire you on the basis of having a relative who worked/works for them.

BTW: any jobs in which you have to field phone calls can become highly irritating. Remember, there's idiots out there.

CoYLiE

I got a job in a call centre with no call centre experience.... basically the only reason i got the job was because i had experience in the field which the company looks after.... so i guess if you wanted a job with optus, training with telecommunications... or whatever... but in any call centre the employer will look for communication skills.... you've gotta know how to talk and relate to people on the phone because it is sooooooo much different than talking to someone face to face, especially if you have to talk people through technical details...

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
if you want a job at optus doing inbound calls why not get experience doing them at somewhere that doesn't require much experience? pizza hut and a lot of delivery places for example take students. after you worked there for awhile apply to optus

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
like anti sed

tafe wont do much for casual work~

and as for your father being in telstra for 30 years wouldnt help u unless he is good old beer buddies with the people in charge of the call centre

hehe thikn about it

walk into interview "hey mr boss... u know.. my dad worked here for 30 years..."

as u can see it would seem pretty stupid unless your dad knew the ppl in charge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)