In the wild (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owyn

HSC
Our teacher keeps saying how where gonna be relating stuff to this, and that you need to know the meaning, etc. I think its similair to Journeys, as in its a concept where meant to know. However i have absolutely no idea what it means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Eagles

ROAR~!
HSC
'In the wild' deals with: Man's relationship with nature.

I think theres a sticky somewhere that explains it in more depth.

but yeah, its easier to understand/and remember the simple definations :uhhuh: .

spanish_rose

HSC
"In The Wild"

Yes,
In the wild basically is the concept of man's relationship with nature (or lack thereof). In blade runner.....man's relationship with nature is questionable because the 'natural' things such as the animals are actually man made. There are no trees to be seen at all, there is basically no sunlight (except in one small scene). Even the androids are not natural - think about the quote 'more human than human'...."In the Wild" in Blade Runner refers to the urban jungle and demonstrates how technology has taken over the natural world.

Same idea with "Brave New World"....humans are programmed from birth to hate nature and anything natural. Techology takes the place of all things natural, (check out the way babies are born, the way they can't think for themselves, and soma)

hope this helps,
spanish_rose
advanced english band 5, HSC 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)