in need of some TLC... (1 Viewer)

aimstar555

HSC
hello fellow year 12's!!
okay here's my story. i'm halfway through my HSC and thought....
i've known my boyfriend for just under 2 years and we've bin goin out for 13 months. we started having really bad problems about a month ago, hada HUGE fight the nite B4 we graduated, didn't see each other for 2 weeks (study camps) and the monday week b4 the HSC he decided that we should "spend some time apart" well, not a day goes by that i don't bawl my eyes out 4 at least 10 minutes. i'm too scared to call or talk to him, and i can't see us ever being together again. he says that time will bring us back together but as each day goes by, i only feel like it's not going to work out. wat's worse, we've bought our formal tickets and are staying in the same room 4 schoolies. please help, i'm driving myself during the god damn HSC. shoudl i wait for him OR try to move on?

S

Shuter

aimstar555 said:
are staying in the same room 4 schoolies. shoudl i wait for him OR try to move on?
I told many people just book with your FRIENDS for schoolies rooms. Many people didn't listen and ended up in a similar situation.

Anyway, try to get over it. You'll meet someone else and feel better especially post HSC.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
aimstar555 said:
hello fellow year 12's!!
okay here's my story. i'm halfway through my HSC and thought....
i've known my boyfriend for just under 2 years and we've bin goin out for 13 months. we started having really bad problems about a month ago, hada HUGE fight the nite B4 we graduated, didn't see each other for 2 weeks (study camps) and the monday week b4 the HSC he decided that we should "spend some time apart" well, not a day goes by that i don't bawl my eyes out 4 at least 10 minutes. i'm too scared to call or talk to him, and i can't see us ever being together again. he says that time will bring us back together but as each day goes by, i only feel like it's not going to work out. wat's worse, we've bought our formal tickets and are staying in the same room 4 schoolies. please help, i'm driving myself during the god damn HSC. shoudl i wait for him OR try to move on?
I think his suggestion of spending some time apart was a good idea, it gives you both time to think things through properly alone... . he was probably angry and wanted time to cool down and think about things so he wouldn't say anything he regreted..
Think of the bright side at least he hasn't broke up with you yet, I think his giving ur relationship a chance by having "timeout", just wait a while, don't give up,and see what happens, only time will tell

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Aw HUNI! SWEETI! DARLIN! DON'Y CRY!

He said spending time apart! I suppose he's just concerned about his HSC...

Damn him for not making it more clear! but it doesn't mean that you two have broken up or falling apart!

If you were having fights before, then taking time apart would have been wise during this evil time... everyone is going to get emotional or moody at least once in these 4 weeks!

Don't be scared! Do your study, and its all good. You're taking time apart so you don't end up at each other's throats. :)

S'all good woman! Now get back to study and stop worrying! *whip crack*... lol... :S

Beckiki_S

I call President!
HSC
My longest-term boyfriend ever did the same thing after a big fight and I KNOW he was just stressed because of the HSC. We're back together because... well I don't know HOW it happened and i think thats better for us in the HSC... but i think a really good idea is to just be in a state of denial/hopefulness about getting back together. When all the exams and stress is over he'll get back with you because he'll realise he can' t throw it all away. Just don't cry... and remember even if it DOESN'T work out, in these times ur a modern woman and its kind of silly to be so dependent on him. If he hasn't made other plans for the formal or schoolies (in terms of another date/room/not go to either) then he's probably meaning to get back with you. So just put it all to the back of your mind, know that he still loves you and FOCUS girl.
Good luck xx

kelboo

HSC
Don't study or focus until you have sorted it out, that's just fuckin pointless coz it is driving you nuts girl!!!!

Anyone knows you cannot study unless you are in the frame of mind to. And seeing as u are supposedly so upset, it'd be the biggest waste of time you could possibly imagine.

So, give him a call.. ask him to come over. That way you talk face-to-face and can sort something out. Make sure you don't cry in front of him, just tell him how much u need him etc etc coz u need someone to hug after every torturous exam!! ;)

Make sure you sort this out sweetie. If not, you'll jeopardise your chances for sure, coz there's no way you can possibly concentrate when your world is collapsing around you!!!!! Plus, you'll die of emotional stress and its causes at the age of 24.

Please post when everything is ok.. now ppl are worried bout you!!!! :eek:

shoelace

how odd. i'm in the same situation.
best advice i could give you beautiful: ring him. even if it takes you an hour to sit there and figure out what to say, just do it. admittedly, it's really painful but he can't be selfish at the expense of your hsc too you know? it might even make you feel better. also talk to you friends about it. sometimes you don't realise that you take them for granted.

but yeah like everyone else is saying, this is your time too. you're the one that has to go to uni next year - so don't poop it all up on this one guy! if he really is the right one, you'll get together again! smile sweet heart! wow. i feel better now.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
aimstar555 said:
he says that time will bring us back together
Thats code for "I'm sleeping around"

You really need to talk to him. Don't do another thing until you call him.

santaslayer

HSC
I think the HSC is a bit more important than your relationship with him right this moment...

shoelace

kelboo said:
Moolace that is so sweet and so nice...

Take ur own advice if you are in the same mess hun!!! :p

haha i did. i rang mine yesterday. didn't clarify much but can't hurt trying right? she might get it better than i did!

my friends've been really supportive. it's really lovely.

aimstar555

HSC
thanx everyone who replied to my message....*wipes away tear* ya all lovely peoples.
yes i talked to my boy and things don't look so bad i must admitt. things aren't perfect as such, but @ least i've stopped crying. :)
GOOD LUCK to everyone 4 the rest of the HSC! peace out!
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)