In my bow am I allowed too.... (1 Viewer)

nikilily

HSC
I am using a projection for part my bow and it is going to be a slide of pictures, the thing is my specialty is NOT photography and I don't have a good professional camera, my art teacher said i should contact a professional photographer to take the photos. The question I have for this is how do I acknowledge that the photos weren't my work and would I be marked down for it?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
You're not allowed to do that.
I can't believe your teacher suggested that...

All work has to be absolutely 100% completed by you.

:/

nikilily

HSC
Ok thanks, yeah when she suggested that I was a bit startled because I had the same thinking as you. Anyway thats going to change things for my bow a little ....

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Mmm, yeah, ... Idk, what exactly were you going to do with the photos? Like... how would the projection be used in your bow? Maybe I don't understand your concept/structure?

It just seems odd that an art teacher would advise that when it is so clearly enforced that all work must be our own... ? Hmm.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
actually you can acknowledge that they took them, using their equipment but it was done under your direction. But i still wouldn't do it like that due my personl mores.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
actually you can acknowledge that they took them, using their equipment but it was done under your direction. But i still wouldn't do it like that due my personl mores.
I've heard this as well, people come up with the idea but have the actual painting painted by someone else and acknowledge this upon submission. However i've also heard markers don't really look favourably on this approach.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I've heard this as well, people come up with the idea but have the actual painting painted by someone else and acknowledge this upon submission. However i've also heard markers don't really look favourably on this approach.
... wow, that's just effing ridiculous.

:mad: !!!!!

postnatal

Banned
HSC
N/A
i thought this was about making your violin bow more silkier or something. anyway rent equipment

nikilily

HSC
Its really hard to describe what I'm going to do for my bow without drawing a picture, anyway I'll give it a shot:

Im having a wall made from wood and putting a perspex window in the centre and behind the wall will be a thin white fabric pinned to cover the window so when at the front it looks like a window covered with white fabric at the back. Then a projection will shine from behind and images will appear, (the audience will be looking at the front of the wall). The images are what I want from a professional photographer. I am all for doing the photos myself but I have never done photography before, don't have a good camera and am not sure how to use hi tech cameras like that. My concept is on my brother who has autism. Many people don't understand autism and only have a small understanding of it. I'm incorporating this notion by the window being the small hole looking into his world, and the exterior (which is the wall) represents the wide and congested 21st century world as a 'normal' person sees it.

nikilily

HSC
Yeah and I understand why they wouldn't look favourably on it, however the projection is just part of my bow, it will not make up my whole artwork...if it jeopardizes me receiving my maximum potential mark I will simply not do it and find something else.

William92

HSC
You should be able to get a photographer to take photos for you, providing that you plan and direct the photos you want taken. It's part of Tracey Moffatt's practice and she's one of the artists we look at, so that should be okay.

You'd acknowledge it in your VAPD with your planning for the photos, sketches etcetera.

nikilily

HSC
Yeah well I don't think I need to worry about it anymore because I have thrown that idea away, got a new one I think...for a subject that is meant to be relaxing and therapeutic...it can be sooo stressfull too!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)