in desperate need! (1 Viewer)

becky_baby

im in desperate need of some S.A's.. i have brief notes on all my topic but if anyone has done an assessment or something on any of these topics i would love you to death if you could email them to me. the topics ive studied are:
- fall of the roman republic
- pericles
- ancient society in the time of pericles
- greece 500-440bc
my email is : becky_baby1@hotmail.com
thankx

becky_baby

information that you write about something to answer a question... derrrr S.A = ESSAY

astro

HSC
I suppose it'll be easier if you just put in the hard yards and write 'ESSAY' - two extra letters....i didn't know what it was until you said

classics_chic

HSC
becky_baby said:
im in desperate need of some S.A's.. i have brief notes on all my topic but if anyone has done an assessment or something on any of these topics i would love you to death if you could email them to me. the topics ive studied are:
- fall of the roman republic
- pericles
- ancient society in the time of pericles
- greece 500-440bc
my email is : becky_baby1@hotmail.com
thankx
I don't have any notes to give you, and I only did two of your four topics.

But I would recommend the following:

The old Excel Ancient History (far more detail than the new one, although it doesn't have anything on the new syllabus)
The Macquarie Study Guide- it goes through the syllabus points and really covers all the basics

For Greece 500-440:

Herodotos (if you haven't read this then I despair! It's a must for Greece 500-440- and yes he does ramble, but he's by far the most useful source known for this period! But beware of his inventing numbers and forcing Xerxes into the model of the hubristic leader)

Plutarch: The Rise and Fall of Athens (less reliable than Herodotos but he's a different side to it)

Thucydides (not nearly as relavent but he does have some stuff on it)

Bury and Meiggs: A History of Greece

For the Fall of the Roman Republic:

Plutarch: The Fall of the Roman Republic
Suetonious: The Twelve Caesars
Scullard: From the Gracchi to Nero
Kamm: Julius Caesar: A Beginner's Guide
Meier: Caesar

For Pericles and Athens in his time I'd say Thucydides would be your most important source (yes, he is very very dry, but he's also incredibly valuable {and you haven't read him in the Greek, so I wouldn't be complaining! }). Also refer to Bury and Meiggs. For all areas of Greece, look to Pommeroy et. al., "Ancient Greece: A Political, Social, and Cultural History"

I hope this has been of some use. Remember, if you can't be bothered to do the reading for yourself, then you won't be able to get the marks! (You need to have your own ideas).

Best of luck! :)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
astro said:
I suppose it'll be easier if you just put in the hard yards and write 'ESSAY' - two extra letters....i didn't know what it was until you said
i didnt know what it was either, but it really wasnt that hard 2 figure out. neway, wouldnt it be 3 xtra letters, not 2 - if ur gonna be petty, at least carry it through and get ur own stuff right!

becky_baby

didnt occur to me that people wouldnt put S.A insted of essay,,oopsie~sorry~thank u for your help

leginag

Sydney, NSW, Australia, Southern Hemisphere
i've got one on the reform scheme of Gaius Gracchus..got like 24/25 for it...only one i have typed up..tell me if u wants it

and the new excel anc hist guide is USELESS..i decided it would be good as revision for my exam...no sources or ANYTHING

becky_baby

Yeh those notes would be great!.. and i agree, when it comes to Ancient, the Exel books dont have near enought information in them! Its really hard to find good notes.. theres heaps on the net but it takes ages to find what you're looking for!

Muzza666

HSC
N/A
If you can get a copy of Hieneman HSC ancient history it is very helpful and has pretty good info on the dot points

also try looking at ancient historians for sources

eg: Herodotus- The Histories
Thucydides - History of the Pelleponisian War
and probably Plutarch

Also try Pamela Bradley she has very good books

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)