in class essay (1 Viewer)

darshil

Replicant
HSC
We got an assesment task the other day. And its basically a research task and essay.
The topic is already given and it is: Analyse the impact communication systems have had on society and predict possible future directions in communication technologies. With reference to one of these future directions, discuss how society will be affected.
However, I cannot comprehend the word ANALYSE !
I have always struggled with that word. And do not know how to answer it with that directive term.

But nonetheless, i have a basic plan:
1. research impact on society i.e. positive + negative (increased comm vs loss of privacy etc) (reference to society)
2. Predict future technologies i.e. developments in internet + some cool japanese/newscientist predictions
3. Take a strong prediction and tie it in with how it will affect society.

Does this seem okay? and how will i tie this to Analyse?

Thanks a lot, seriously.

lou071

HSC
N/A
We got an assesment task the other day. And its basically a research task and essay.
The topic is already given and it is: Analyse the impact communication systems have had on society and predict possible future directions in communication technologies. With reference to one of these future directions, discuss how society will be affected.
However, I cannot comprehend the word ANALYSE !
I have always struggled with that word. And do not know how to answer it with that directive term.

But nonetheless, i have a basic plan:
1. research impact on society i.e. positive + negative (increased comm vs loss of privacy etc) (reference to society)
2. Predict future technologies i.e. developments in internet + some cool japanese/newscientist predictions
3. Take a strong prediction and tie it in with how it will affect society.

Does this seem okay? and how will i tie this to Analyse?

Thanks a lot, seriously.
reading through your basic plan, i think u are analysing.
so don't worry, but make sure you have evidence to back up
your argument!:)

laranielsen

HSC
N/A
analyse means to show the relationship between things so when you have to analyse the impact that communication technologies have had on society you need to look at the aspects of that technology specifically and relate them to the impacts both good and bad. you are on the right track. an example would be the portability of mobile phones leading to the fact they are carried by everyone everywhere which means we all want service all over australia which puts demands on telecommunications companies and leads to further research into the reception and technologies involved in it. blah blah. make sense?hope i havent confused u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)