In a truly free market (1 Viewer)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
There are still charities in a free market...

Lentern

HSC
So they would be completely at the mercy of charities?

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
So they would be completely at the mercy of charities?
"The mercy of"

The argument is that crowding out reduces charitable expenditure, I'd say that's generally true. Would it cover the gap? I don't know.

However the rate of 'orphans' as a whole has gone down dramatically as life expectancy has increased, wars have decreased, quality of life increased, etc.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
Quality of life increases etc you could argue as a combination of government and non-government actions/aims, if you were that inclined.

Turtles all the way down.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
"The mercy of"

The argument is that crowding out reduces charitable expenditure, I'd say that's generally true. Would it cover the gap? I don't know.

However the rate of 'orphans' as a whole has gone down dramatically as life expectancy has increased, wars have decreased, quality of life increased, etc.
Is this figure for people >16 years of age?

Lentern

HSC
"The mercy of"

So in all probability a couple of them would just slip through the cracks of this engine of economic prosperity that is the free market?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Personally I believe all Orphans should be used as Slave Labour.

Makes our products cheaper.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
So in all probability a couple of them would just slip through the cracks of this engine of economic prosperity that is the free market?
About the same amount of poor bastards that slip through the current cracks. DOCS is by no means perfect, Lentern.

I'm not going to make the utilitarian argument because I'm not one, both systems have casualties.

Lentern

HSC
About the same amount of poor bastards that slip through the current cracks. DOCS is by no means perfect, Lentern.

I'm not going to make the utilitarian argument because I'm not one, both systems have casualties.
DOCS is a lot less left to chance.

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
DOCS is a lot less left to chance.
Yet it performs so poorly? Also it's not left to chance, it's left entirely to the chance that the government can fund it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)