In a big dilemma… need opinions (1 Viewer)

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
After reading the thread about not going to school, I’d say defs move back.
2.5hrs travel time is way too long, especially if it’s to somewhere you hate. Your marks will suffer.

I went to a small school with 6 kids in my year, yet the cohort after me (3 kids) 2 of them managed to get into med, so like 🤷🏼‍♀️

eternallyboreduser

HSC
N/A
After reading the thread about not going to school, I’d say defs move back.
2.5hrs travel time is way too long, especially if it’s to somewhere you hate. Your marks will suffer.

I went to a small school with 6 kids in my year, yet the cohort after me (3 kids) 2 of them managed to get into med, so like 🤷🏼‍♀️
yep im trying to move back. my marks right now are fine (y10) and im at the top of the grade for math and science but i feel like its gonna be so much harder to cope in senior years especially with increased workload and stress

reikirn

HSC
whats wrong with hurlstone, its quite good (i went to macquarie field, the little sister of hurlstone)
its not. the school has had staffing issues for the past couple years and all the faculties except for hsie lote and english are pretty bad. the school's ranking has dropped bc most of the school lives in the fairfield/campbelltown/liverpool (many of these suburbs are in the bottom 10% of the state in terms of advantage/disadvantage index) meaning most students get a free LSR boost given if they dont wanna do med or law. The school may be underperforming but as a selective school are also decent enough for early entry. If you can't tell alr, these two combined make it very feasible to perform less good in the hsc but get outta jail free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)