impossible to transfer? (1 Viewer)

orly?

HSC
well, i got a uai of 50.. and i MIGHT go to UWS depending on whether or not they accept me into their accounting course. well my question is >> since transfer is dependent on your uai, is it impossible for me to transfer to a uni like MQ? or even UNSW? :vcross:

if not, approx how much marks do i need to get on avg. if i could transfer to MQ or even UNSW?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
In a word, no. You have next to chance of attending anything outside UWS.

If you wanted to transfer to MQ/UNSW you will probably need a GPA of around 5.5 (between credit and distinction) after the first year as your UAI and GPA are both considered when transferring.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
yes u have a good chance, provided you put more effort/study differently than what you did to get only 50UAI in your hsc

after 1 year of study MOST places will only care about your gpa.

unsw i think takes 50/50 so it may be difficult to go there.

if you get a GPA of 4.5 (half passes an half credits) you can get into macquarie

spence

HSC
UAI is not counted for all courses (eg. UNSW commerce), so with decent uni results a transfer is certainly possible

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Your other option is to do a year of Non-award study at Macquarie (expensive) but if you pass you're able to go into a BA or a BSci, and even a BA-Psych and other degrees if you do well enough.

Macquarie University - Australia’s Innovative University

Cutoff dates for registration are deliberately later than the main/late rounds so you can try for them and see where you stand and use this as an alternative means of entry.

orly?

HSC
thanks for the info guys. much appreciated.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
those SIBT are pointless and a waste of money. he can get into UWS, pass 1st year there and get into MQ.

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
its really just to make money out of the fobs who couldnt get into uni. you would really feel like a fish out of water if you were a local student doing it.

orly?

HSC
i reckon i might do a little bad at accounting if advanced mathematics is involved, i only scraped a 6x for general maths.. i didn't study for the tests tho, since i was awfully sick.

i'm good at memorising formulae, theory.. but terrible at advanced maths.. =/

HSC
22% Local students at INSEARCH
25% Local students at SIBT

if i remember me stats right.

spence

HSC
rcr4fags said:
its really just to make money out of the fobs who couldnt get into uni. you would really feel like a fish out of water if you were a local student doing it.
Yeah but if you're white you'll be feeling like that in commerce anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)