IMPORTANT: those who didn't get ANY offers (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I applied for a transfer through UAC. I was a bit nervous, but everyone laughed at my nerves as my marks were a shitload above what was required from me last year to transfer. However, I didn't get in. This is what it said:

As at: 18/01/2006

You have not received an offer in the Main Round for study in 2006.

A letter explaining why your application was unsuccessful has been posted to you.

After receiving this letter, you may wish to contact the relevant institution/s to discuss your study options.

Did those who didn't get any offers get the same screen? Or did I fuck something up in the application process? Confused.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
stazi said:
I applied for a transfer through UAC. I was a bit nervous, but everyone laughed at my nerves as my marks were a shitload above what was required from me last year to transfer. However, I didn't get in. This is what it said:

As at: 18/01/2006

You have not received an offer in the Main Round for study in 2006.

A letter explaining why your application was unsuccessful has been posted to you.

After receiving this letter, you may wish to contact the relevant institution/s to discuss your study options.

Did those who didn't get any offers get the same screen? Or did I fuck something up in the application process? Confused.
Thats what I got.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
damn :( fuck :(
i dont get it. I topped 2 courses. came top 5 in others. had a gpa of .44 above what was needed last year. yet, no xfer

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
B Com (Liberal Studies) 97.65

Did that cutoff rise from last year, staz?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
by .05, which is why I don't get it.
So atm, I will never be able to graduate from my degree unless i xfer.

Sarah

HSC
N/A
stazi said:
by .05, which is why I don't get it.
So atm, I will never be able to graduate from my degree unless i xfer.
There's probably been an increase in the NRSL cutoff.

You will be able to graduate from you degree. It might just take 1 sem or 1 yr extra.

Also, how come you didn't try for Commerce/Science? That degree would still allow you to major in Marketing, Intl Business and Psychology

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Because i have to do maths in com/science. there is no way in hell i could handle maths. ecmt was enough for me. plus with com/science i will have to do the maths related psych units to graduate. also, theres the problem with having an extra year. oh, and having to do commerce core units.

and im going to continue doing uos for mktg/int bus/psych. Which means i wont be able to graduate in the near future if i never transfer.
then again, i get 2 extra NRSL points after 3 years of any degree (even w/out completion).

Abtari

HSC
i have the same message pop up on my offer webpage..

but can someone pls help me find out why this is the case..

i applied for medical sciences at macquarie university as my first preference...

and i got a uai of greater than the cut-off...

wot is going on????.. :(

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Is there a post describing your situation staz? (inc. degrees, UAI, GPA etc)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Lazarus said:
Is there a post describing your situation staz? (inc. degrees, UAI, GPA etc)
Sorry, I don't understand what you mean?
You mean post in the transfers forum? This was initially meant to be a UAC related question, however, seems to have morphed into a bitch by me about everything in general :p

Hanzo

HSC
err my friend couldnt get into my course
and got into another course at da same uni with a uai cut off higher than da one he couldnt get into .. so its a bit wierd man!

got rejected from bbus/bcomp... but got accepted into bbus !!
wtf ???

ahahhaha i fink uts screwed sumfing up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)