Important - Please Read (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HSC
N/A
Goldie, I don't suppose you could be made into some kind of talking pendant or something? Your moral statements are the kind of things one would like to have comfort themselves with 24/7

J

jhakka

glitterfairy said:
Goldie, I don't suppose you could be made into some kind of talking pendant or something? Your moral statements are the kind of things one would like to have comfort themselves with 24/7
I reckon we could crush him into a small coin and then gold plate him. No worries. :)

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
glitterfairy said:
But I am a walking pedant: I can walk, and I am a pedant. :)

The pedant can only bring you to the gates of the garden of your understanding, for the pedant cannot teach you that which you don't already know. The pedant can but lead you to the kindling of your own realisation, for knowledge and understanding live as embers in your heart.

J

jhakka

goldendawn said:
But I am a walking pedant: I can walk, and I am a pedant. :)

The pedant can only bring you to the gates of the garden of your understanding, for the pedant cannot teach you that which you don't already know. The pedant can but lead you to the kindling of your own realisation, for knowledge and understanding live as embers in your heart.
That's deep. Like the end of the pool that isn't shallow.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
NOO! Don't "plate" me! I'm Greek! Don't you know what Greeks do to plates ? OPA!
*smash*

J

jhakka

You're Greek? Whoa... my dad's Greek.

Is it just me, or are we more connected than ever before? *strokes chin thoughtfully*

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
jhakka said:
You're Greek? Whoa... my dad's Greek.

Is it just me, or are we more connected than ever before? *strokes chin thoughtfully*

Haha, that is interesting...cause my mum's Greek (my dad's Scottish, but I don't tell people that ;) ).

*strokes chin thoughtfully* - we are probably related, hehe.

J

jhakka

Possibly, because my mother is from the United Kingdom. Born in London, actually. That's probably where my love of Brit-slang comes from. Bollocks is officially my favourite word at this point in time.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Bollocks...hmm...large congregations of Australian's (colonials) must look at you strangely when you use that term around them...My godmother is from Lankishire (wrong spelling) in Northern England and uses some pretty strange dialectal expressions ...especially when she shouts them angrily out of her car window at other drivers...

J

jhakka

Haha, it's not like that for me. My mum's been here since she was a kid, so she doesn't use Brit-slang. I just love the terms I know.

HSC
N/A
It's amazing the topics raised in this thread...

But do carry on talking about Brit lingo. Sounds intriguing

HSC
N/A
Ooooh do you use the term "poppycock"? I always laugh my head off when I see that printed in books...

J

jhakka

Bollocks can be used in the same context as poppycock, so no.

Tomfoolery is a good one.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
hehehehehe

I gtg guys, sorry...
I will be back on tomorrow.

Cyaz later

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
jhakka said:
That's deep. Like the end of the pool that isn't shallow.
LOL *loves jhakka

Did you read "Why English teachers Die Early"??? Its full of that nonsense hahah

HSC
hey team... i leave for what, 2 days, i come back and BAM have to read about 4 pages to catch up. I would like to take this moment to say you're all crazy (in a good way) and the EE2 people rock.

Question? wats the topic now......sooooo lost :D

i think i'll just smile and nod i find it works best

*smiles and nods at everyone*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)