IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ: Music Subforums (1 Viewer)

Do you think Music should be sub-sectioned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Hey everybody! :)

As you may or may not have noticed, I'm your new moderator for this forum. :)

I hope we can work together to make Music a better place, so please post any thoughts/suggestions/opinions for the forum here and I'll address them to the best of my ability.

As aforementioned in the poll, I would like your opinions on whether Music should be sub forumed. There are choices up there as you can see for sectioning. Please take some time out to give me your thoughts.

I'm availiable via PM's and MSN so if you have any problems/queries/questions etc. Music or Forum related please don't hesitate to contact me. :)

-ujuphleg

timyates_87

Hello.
HSC
Congrats ujuphleg :)

yeh i definatly think it should be sub forumed!!, keep those nasty Music 1 ppl seperate, naa just joking but i think it would be heaps better to keep it seperate

music dr

the little mermaid
HSC
Man, thats a good idea! Ur smart! :) I voted for the performance, musicology and compostition one. and maybe even music 1 and 2 aswell, but yeah, as i said:
Ur smart!

MouNtY

congtaulations on your newly appoited position...i'm sure you'll do a great job

i think it'd be good if music was sub-formed, i vote that it should be seperated into Performance, Musicology and Composition....and maybe it should even be even broken into the music 1, music 2, and extension sections to keep those snooty music 2'ers, and extensioners away from us REAL musicians.....lol hahah nah jks.....but yeah it'd be cool if it was sectioned into the first option....

and once agn congratulations on the position

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Hey people! I got directly linked here again even though I've already voted and I'm a bit concerned of the sub-forums.

Having done Music 2 and Extension, and working closely with Music 1 because we have soiree nights together at our school, I definatley know that the needs between these different classes are incredibly different.

Grouping by performance, musicology and composition will only make the sub-forums as muddled up as it is now. While Music 2 girls are talking about their ensemble pieces, Music 1 people will still think "uh, wrong place for me", as well as vice versa.

Considering Music 1, Music 2, and extension have their different needs and different syllabus requirements all together, I think it's best if we do it that way....!!!!!

EDIT: Oh trust me, some music 2 students wish they could do music 1 as well anyway!

Last edited:

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Oh and by the way ujughleg, Congratulations! I'm sure you'll make a great mod :D

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
OK so I'm guessing you think that a Music 1 Forum with official Performance, Composition and Viva Voce Threads is better than a Performance Forum with a Music 1 Thread.

I just felt that looking around the forum that it was better to put them in terms of Performance, Comp and Musicology and therefore, the Music 2 students could also help the Music 1's in all areas. I figured this would also mean that Extension students majoring in those areas would become resident "experts" for each of the sub-forums.

hmm.... shall have to think more about this.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
ujuphleg said:
OK so I'm guessing you think that a Music 1 Forum with official Performance, Composition and Viva Voce Threads is better than a Performance Forum with a Music 1 Thread.

I just felt that looking around the forum that it was better to put them in terms of Performance, Comp and Musicology and therefore, the Music 2 students could also help the Music 1's in all areas. I figured this would also mean that Extension students majoring in those areas would become resident "experts" for each of the sub-forums.

hmm.... shall have to think more about this.
Hmmm... that's a good point. I'm not sure actually now.... *shrugs*.

I did composition in all elected areas in Music 2 & ext... ba-lieve me I didn't feel like an expert! Lol. But yeah, great idea there!

chepas

HSC
Congrats ujuphleg! Very well-earned post (as in, position :)). Keep us all in line then...

I'd have to say I'll be conservative here, I think it's fine the way it is. The threads seem to be titled in such a way that their content is already evident to their prospective readers, whether it's relevent to Mus1 or Mus2. Also some people even seem to put "Music 1" or "Music 2" etc in the thread title so it seems OK as it is. So if it's an issue of sorting things out and putting things a bit tidier I'm not really sure if it's a huge problem (yet anyway).

Just my two non-conformist cents... :rolleyes:.

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
congratulations ujuphleg (i finally learnt how to spell your name without looking at it more than 3 times!!! :D)

i think it'd be better if it was divided into music 1, music 2 and extension, because it gets very confusing. like when we were talking about the exam papers, i didn't know who was talking about which paper.
then again, if the forum was divided into courses, there'd be less people writing in each of the divided forums...
geebus, i haven't really been much help have i :D sorry :p

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
first of all, congrats ujuphleg! Erm.. although i have like no idea what a moderator does or what it is or anything but yeah anyway. Um... i dont really mind what you do with this music forum... sorry im like being unhelpful but i dun care really! hehehe! yeah well the majority says divide up into music 1 and 2 so yeah maybe stick with that i think

Lexi

HSC
N/A
Ujuphleg! You rock. No one deserves it more than you! :) Congrats!

And I think that you should divide it into subsections - but I still think that there should be an open forum for everyone to talk in ... I think it'll be so divided otherwise. You can have a bit of both really.

Last edited:

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
well it will be like the other forums at the moment eg. Area of Study or Modern History where theres subforums for module areas and then the main forum for general discussion.

Looking at the forum at the moment, in an example, all Phanaticals Composition threads would go into Comp but something like Encore or Trumpeters Unite would stay in the main forum....

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Oh trust me, some music 2 students wish they could do music 1 as well anyway!
Yup, and some music 1 people wish they could do music 2... like me...

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
UPDATE on subforums:

The application was made (4th November) but all the admins were going into uni exams just as the HSC was over. Now, everyone is finished, but the site is under-going an overhaul anyway, and when that happens, we'll have our subforums. :)

In the meantime, sit tight! :) it will happen.

EDIT: When I made the application, I had already asked for Performance, Composition and Musicology. I honestly believe it will work better, so I think it will be staying like that, despite the 8 - 7 on that :)

Last edited:

compo^_^guy

HSC
8-9 now, but i don't think at all that it should be sub-sectioned into music 1,2,ext. because all the music extension people do music two as well. i personally dont want it to change but if it does it should be into performance, compo and musicology.....oh well......doesn't look good

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
No but all Extension people do Music 2.

The BoS renovation will take place sometime in 2005. The admins are currently writing the codes. I personally can't wait - I have been wanting subforums in here since late October. :) It will make things much clearer and neater. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)