impeding sense of doom (1 Viewer)

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
as the HSC comes nearer ( im in yr 11/12) i feel an impeding sense of failure and doom seeing as how i dunt study much and yea...

is it just me? :p

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
thanks.......... so it is just me :D

u look like ur well past tat stage (not saying u look old or anything) so how did u do?

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
oh wow.>~ im a junior member now!! ive been upgraded!! heheh wohOO~ :p

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
Yes I agree. The HSC is overrated.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
yeh it's overrated :p

but when i see all those types that go "since the start of year 11 i did 1-2 hours study per night, 4 hours a day on weekends/holidays, etc..."

makes me wonder if i should have put in more effort in... ah well what's done is done and i didn't think it went that bad... :rolleyes:

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
depends wat u wanna get for a uai
if u want sumfin in the 80s, u dun have to study at all besides cramming b4 an exam

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
i thought the impeding sense of doom comes on the 19th or 20th when you go to the results website and see things fall apart ... but on another note after finishing the hsc is was like, was that it, o well that that ...

Christine

beige member
HSC
just relax, at the end of the day its only a piece of paper!

Belinda

O_o
HSC
God, yeah talk about the stress! I'm aiming for 90 in the UAI, and I'm doing 13units. It doesn't help when the teachers mention "HSC" in every sentence.

Christine

beige member
HSC
Originally posted by Belinda
God, yeah talk about the stress! I'm aiming for 90 in the UAI, and I'm doing 13units. It doesn't help when the teachers mention "HSC" in every sentence.
i realise i'm contradicting myself - but u have not seen stressyet compared to the next yr of your life!

utopian731

Eudaimonian
i dont get ppl doin 13 units cos only 10 get counted in the UAI,,, so the time spent in those 3 units could be better spent in improving the other 10 units
yeh i agree, i think 10 or 11 units is the optimum (i did 11), unless of course you get accelerated and do some units in yearr 10 or 11

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Originally posted by Christine

i realise i'm contradicting myself - but u have not seen stressyet compared to the next yr of your life!
It was that bad for you CHristine? I know im prolly in the minority here, but i was less and less stressed as the year went by and started goin out more and more as the exams approached

weird huh

SaveFerris

Originally posted by utopian731

It was that bad for you Christine? I know im prolly in the minority here, but i was less and less stressed as the year went by and started goin out more and more as the exams approached

weird huh
That sorta happened to me too! The day of my English half-yearly (so what was that, like early April or something) I got so sick with stress, and actually had to leave the exam room to throw up. From there my stress levels rose and fell, usually in line with my assessment schedule, but as the year went on I could feel myself loosening up. The lowest point for me was about June, and strangely enough it was my Modern History teacher that helped me through that by keeping it real - i.e. when other teachers were getting uptight about the HSC, he just said to me "Go home, watch TV, whatever, but DO NOT study tonight"...so I did that every now and then (when I felt I was able to) and I have to say that it really helped...

I made it through Trials OK, even though I did have 6 exams in 5 days, and then looked towards the HSC...while some of my friends were studying 6 - 11 hours a day during the October holidays, each day I did like 4 or 5 hours at most and also went out and had a good time...I'd be lying if I said I didn't get anxious the morning of each HSC exam but it was nothing compared to what I was like in April...I just accepted that whatever happened, happened and there wasn't much else I could do about it...

So that's my deep and long-winded account...my advice would be to really think about what you want to get out of your final year at school, and don't drop everything for the HSC...keep playing sport, dancing, whatever keeps you sane...personally I think I made too many sacrifices in the first 6 months of the year all for the sake of the HSC and now I'm not so sure it was worth it...

Then again, I may not speak so positively about my relaxed attitude when Dec 19th rolls around...I could very well be like "Damn! Should've studied more!"...ah well, it's my 18th birthday that day, I'll be too drunk to care!

By the way, on the topic of amount of units, I did 10...never even contemplated doing more...

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
i kinda took the approach of being really busy throughout the year and kept up everything i had done in previous years, sport, debating, music etc. as a result i only studied a max of 2 hrs per day
but as trials, hsc etc. approached i went into excessive cramming mode. for trials it worked but i guess we'll see for the hsc.
regardless of results tho at least i had a great year and felt like i achieved stuff apart from doing the hsc. the bons was stress levels remained low as a result

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by utopian731

It was that bad for you CHristine? I know im prolly in the minority here, but i was less and less stressed as the year went by and started goin out more and more as the exams approached

weird huh
same utopian731, but it was different for me, you see i screwed up eco and english big time in my first assessment, so i was stressing and panicking ... but after that it didnt seem to matter ... so i cruised for the rest of the year

stressed02

****!!!

I'm starting to stress now ... i only did 10 units... and i need a UAI of around 90 - what if i stuffed up an exam... or two.. or all of them...??!! lol ignore me

but trust me, i HAD to drop IPT after year 11 lol! that was a shocker of a subject, and i think i would have failed the HSC if i continued on with it in year 12...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)