IMPACT OF MARIUS & SULLA ON ROMES political evolution???help... (1 Viewer)

daleb

HSC
does anyone have any sources and info or notes that can be used for a task on this area. it would be greatly appreciated

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Look for stuff with the senate because Sulla tried to change the whole system.

Not that bright when it comes to politics. I suppose you could try the actual board of studies site - it gives the syllabus and basic resources for students.

hope that helped, if not sorry.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Geez, what are they teaching you kids in high school? Apparently on how to make threads and not read rules.

Marius = privatised and created the personal, self autonomous and professional army of Rome. Held several consulships in a row.

Sulla = destroyed the tribune of the plebs as a viable political power and restructred and gave the power back to the Senate, although it had all his hand picked supporters in it thus making it corrupt.

Read From Gracchi to Nero - Scullard and the various Lives of from Plutarch

LovinSammi

HSC
Help

i'm glad someone has made this thread because i need some help in this!

i just want to ask whats the impact of Marius and Sulla of their achievement on precedents?

What has the tribunate done that bought on Sulla and Marius

How they got the power they got - Milestones

What the long term (impact precedents)

how was Rome dangerous

i really need help because i didn't understand all these stuff in class which this might screw my HSC, so pls someone help me! fanx

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Basically Marius was a precedent for Pompey's rise to power & to an extent Caesars, also allowed the army to be used for politicasl purposes and so even though Sulla reforemed the Senate so that ppl like Marius would have less power, eventually the senate gave in and led themselves to their own destruction by allowing these ppl to have great long commands which were successful (makin the public like them) and in times of trouble giving them power, which pompey/caesar added to by using their armies (crossing the Rubicon etc.) to gain political stature (Marius's precedent)

Seriously, that was a baby version, and i cant believe u ppl dont know this stuff, read that books Asy wrote

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)