Immortality? (1 Viewer)

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Increases in life expectancy are subject to diminishing returns.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Life isn't like maths. I understand what you're saying, but not everything accommodates to suit the parabola.
Humans don't understand shit all at the moment. Prepare to eat your words.
It's more of a hyperbola.

megaman

HSC
I do not think immortality is achievable for humans, but I believe that it may eventually take so long for a person to die (thats if we even resemble the humans we once were because lets face it by the time that happens we will have evolved into something else entirely), relativistically we may seem to be immortal. Personally I would not want this to happen as it would decrease the value of life because we are not rushing to achieve our goals in a limited period. Furthermore relationships such as marriage would become redundant because currently around 1/2 marriages end in divorce, which is a much higher then before when life expectancys were roughly 30-40 years. Now however people get to 30-40 years old and think...do I really want to spend the rest of my life with him/her? It is just my opinion that increased logetivity adds to the decay of relationships as many cannot withstand time. To the person who suggested that we may only gain 14 years in the next few millenia well I question that strongly, because arnt we on the verge of many scientific break throughs? We have still got a long way to go and a are a long way off fully adapting to the new society we have created. I think humans will be able to love for up to 200 years fairly soon like in the next couple of hundreds of years (remembering it will take a while also for people to actually grow that old).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)