• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Imaginative Journeys: The Number 23 (1 Viewer)

miiTCHo

HSC
Wow this is really weird to do??

:S

Im bit of a bored of studies virgin but im really desperate for some help with our AOS. I am wanting to use the movie 'The Number 23' starring Jim Carrey, as a text.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0481369/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Number_23

I wish to explore the way imaginative journeys deal with the concept of fate/destiny. That is all that i have drawn from the film as yet and would appreciate any other ideas/perceptions/discussion/supplementary texts, just anything that could help or strike new purpose into this. Pretty much any opinions or guidance. Just whatever you've got would be appreciated.

Cheers

sweetcandeeh

HSC
ive seen the movie
its different but original
i think it would work as an imaginative journey
but will it link to your text?
Try watching director commentaries they are usually always helpful
I think i saw this one, they went through heaps.

jordie4

HSC
i personally loved this movie..

i would include (as a suggestion) the way the mind works so for instance the working of the mind with obession, the imaginative journey that one might go on to make sense, or create the obession into something "more real" well to the person and in their imagination anyways.. i must say ive only seen it once.. maybe also (this is me clutching at straws) you could figure out the themes and concepts and relate them to your other supplementary texts.. which i have no idea what they are.. and im not sure if this is even any help.. but i hope something out of this makes sense..

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)