imaginative journey - speech (1 Viewer)

brunette

HSC
hi guys
i was wondering if anyone could help with a speech i have in a couple of weeks. we had to choose a novel and write a three minute speech on how the novel relates to imaginative journeys (btw this is a hsc assessment). i chose the lion the witch and the wardrobe and i know many of you are doing it too so i thought ill start a little so thing so we could all help eachother!!

this is my question

"Journeys provide challenges but ultimatley reward us with a broader understanding of the world and ourselves"

1. How would the narrator or the main character in the fiction or non-fiction text you have chosen respond to this statement? you must speak in first person.
2. Explain the techniques your text uses to explore the concept of physical or imaginative or inner journeys? this could be in first or third person.

now im doing imaginative journeys as i said and if anyone at all could help me with my speech ill be grateful and give as much help to their queries as i can in return

THANK YOU

xx

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
the question is a bit ambiguous... umm.. do you get to chose from 1 or 2? or do you do both ?
talk about how imgaginitive journeys provoke speculation, inspiration and imgaination. in other words, define what an imaginitive journey is.
talk about how the text can be classified as an imaginitive journey. from the top of my head, they use classical allusions - witches and use anthropomorphism - aslan. there is refferences to mythological creatures - centuars and there is personification given the the trees because they can hear.

http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/lion/ us this study guide and manipulate the themes to make them imaginitive :)

brunette

HSC
omg i feel like kissing you MWA MWA MWA MWA
u dont know how much that means to me!!!!

but yeh we have to both IN 3 MINUTES!!!!! ahhh

let me ask u one thing though which character do u think i should do
i thought lucy but after looking at the notes edmund learnt more and i cant do aslan or the white witch coz theyre not real

wat do u think????

brunette

HSC
about 200 (with pictures) and its pretty big writing
umm took me about 3hrs to read
its a good book though

brunette

HSC
o have to do it in exam time next week too!!
i bet u we go to the same skool!! lol

carina

for the 1st question.. i think you should relate to the author..usually the main character portrays the ideas of the author..so look for any ideas or beliefs of the author that relate to imaginative journey ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)