• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

iMac or Alienware. (1 Viewer)

mazza!

HSC
S1M0 said:
My reasons for wanting a mac is that the notion of viruses, spyware, crashes, hard drive failures and any computer related problem in that retrospect is removed by using a mac. Then again, the specs aren't all that powerful for a computer at its price range.

Alienware is also expensive, but its good looking, well designed, well built, there's quality in its assembly and its a behemoth of a computer.

Truth be told, i'm stuck between the two. A custom PC is also a viable (and actually increasignly attractive) option, but then i'd be at risk of viruses, spyware and so on. I don't want that.

So in light of my perspective, any further tips? Anyone?
simo dont forget macs are conforming!!!!! my bet VAIO!!! nagggh dats just over priced eg my laptop! lol ummm go with me custom!!!

btw how come you went home early i saw everyone else today next to your school

Smithyo

Unleash Hell =)
HSC
alienware, cause its expensive + great for games:)

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
If there was anything that the university open days taught me (all of them): be as un-pc as possible.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
S1M0 said:
My reasons for wanting a mac is that the notion of viruses, spyware, crashes, hard drive failures and any computer related problem in that retrospect is removed by using a mac. Then again, the specs aren't all that powerful for a computer at its price range.

Alienware is also expensive, but its good looking, well designed, well built, there's quality in its assembly and its a behemoth of a computer.

Truth be told, i'm stuck between the two. A custom PC is also a viable (and actually increasignly attractive) option, but then i'd be at risk of viruses, spyware and so on. I don't want that.

So in light of my perspective, any further tips? Anyone?
Err, if you take adequate care of your computer and have good spyware and antivirus stuff and not visit any shoddy sites you should be fine?

You're not more 'at risk' to viruses and so forth by building your own. If you get someone who knows how to build it make it for you then you should be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)