I'm untalkative (1 Viewer)

great

HSC
nichhhole said:
your written english is really quite good :)
As for your spoken english.. i can actually say i understand your predicament.. I live here in germany and have only learnt german since i've been here(since the end of jan..)
At first it was really embarrassing to speak german because of how many mistakes i make/made gramatically and pronunciation-wise.. but people really do appreciate it if you do attemptto speak their language.
And yes, i stillhave problems with german 'r's' and yes people make fun of me (in what i am pretty sure, and hope is a joking way) because of it... but you just have to laugh at yourself and think about how those people would sound speaking your asian language. They actually might find it 'cute' that u try and speak eng.. people say my german is cute and one of my good friends learnt eng as a second language and still had a bit of an accent ('herroooo!') (but still came2nd in state in stdeng..) but we all loved her for it :)
just embrace it and laugh it off and keep speaking eng with people no matter how embarrassing it is.. we appreciate your efforts at integration even if we do joke around a bit about it :)

just start talking with people
:)
goodluck !!
WOW! How encouraging! (and humorous!) I am feeling so much emotion from your words, but unfortunately I can't express my thankfullness well.

I'll try and talk alot, I'm not going to care if I make mistakes and people laugh at me. I'll just make a joke out of it! Thank you very much Nichhhole! I'll do my best to change myself.
:)

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
Practice makes perfect, so no matter how stupid and jumbled you feel your words are, just keep at it and eventually it will become second nature to you.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Some of the most talkative people I know are Asians. (but its prolly cause I go to a university where half of the population is asian)
You should try UNSW then. lol.

@Captain Gh3y: because of this:
yes i can perhaps make friends and study at the same time.
lol.

great

HSC
fOR3V3RPINKKKK said:
Some of the most talkative people I know are Asians. (but its prolly cause I go to a university where half of the population is asian)
Half the population of my school is asians as well. But most, especially in my year, are international students from China. They all keep to themselves and are always avoiding to speak english.

The more we have them, the less Australians would be at school. So here there is a less chance of establishing friendship.

Blazamane

Banned
HSC
I heard someone say troll- HHHHHHHRRRRRRRNNNNNNGGGGGHHHHHH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)