• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I'm taking the SAT (1 Viewer)

raikkonen_rulez

HSC
I'm sorry, I've searched the forum and I'm really not sure where this one should go so I'm posting it here.

I'm planning to take the SAT, and I need absolutely every bit of infomation any of you can give me eg, how different it is to the HSC/level of difficulty, the university application process (if any of you went through it), and the chances of a foreigner actually getting into the university of their dreams.

I also need to know where to find a coaching center that'll help me adapt from the HSC to SAT. I have also discovered that if I am to enter uni next year I have to do my SAT exam WITH my HSC. They're on at the same few weeks, only on weekends though.

Please help and thank you very much.

uzumakinaruto

HSC
hey

I'm also taking the SAT's sometime this year and hopefully applying to some American colleges. In terms of the HSC, from what i know, it is somewhat different so i would suggest gettin the Kaplan practice book. Look for collages all over and don't just specify one. Look for some scholarships and stuff like that.

As for training there is an organisation that helps Australian kids prepare for the SAT's but the name escapes me at this time. I woul suggest doing it as I did because it gives you some much needed insight into the practices they use. I would also recommend that you take the test after your HSC as to take some of the pressure off but it all depends on when you want to apply.

Go to this site as well http://www.collegeboard.com/splash, they have a lot of good information there. Hope this helped.

raikkonen_rulez

HSC
I would love to take the SAT after the HSC. Unfortunately, the application deadline for MIT (the uni I'm tryng to apply for) is 1st of January 2007. And it takes 5 or more weeks for the results to get back. So I have to take it asap. Plus, I might be required to go for an interview, which must be done before mid december. If I don't do it with the HSC I might not get my application in by the required time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)