im so confused (1 Viewer)

yellowhighlighterr

HSC
[1] Explain 2 valid features of this epidemiological study. (Note that the study is an article on cosmos magazine)

[2] E-cigarette companies promote vaping as a healthier alternative to tobacco smoking. Evaluate the validity of this position. Include evidence to support your response.

what do i write????

nsw..wollongong

HSC
idrk what the ep. study is but for validity u can talk abt if the type of study fits the purpose (eg case control or cohort), and if its backed by a scientific cause (eg. hypothesizing that increased exposure to x results in a proportional increase of incidence of y)

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
[1] Explain 2 valid features of this epidemiological study. (Note that the study is an article on cosmos magazine)

[2] E-cigarette companies promote vaping as a healthier alternative to tobacco smoking. Evaluate the validity of this position. Include evidence to support your response.

what do i write????
1) Likely invalid because Cosmos Magazine isn't exactly an authorised organisation for health and safety....
2) Probably talk about how whilst it provides a better alternative to regular smoking, because there is no actual smoke and tar going in the lungs, the side effects and long term effects of vaping are not as well understood, because it has only been around for a little bit

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC

what do i write????
1. It'll probably be something like a large sample size or use of a control etc.

2. Evaluate the validity means don't really focus on the question or their stance, just write about how valid a conclusion it is from the study. For example one thing you might say is that because the magazine is a non-reputable source, the validity of the argument is decreased.

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
same with cigarettes, the tar forms a hard coating around your lungs that doesn't allow any diseases in
wait but then why does my old world war two veteran grandfather keep coughing if he can't get sick???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)