im panicking... (1 Viewer)

blkboook

HSC
i am honestly such an idiot. last term, i failed to hand it an assessment that was due on the last day of school. i had a whole day workshop for my major subject that day and i completely forgot to hand in my assessment to my teacher who was probably waiting for me. i know that forgetting is the worst excuse and is unacceptable. but i had finished my assessment and was ready to hand it in. i know i should have set a reminder or handed it in during my workshop breaks, but i don't know what happened.

this week, was the start of term 3 and i tried to hand in my assessment. my teacher refused to accept it. i have to talk to the head teacher who seems intimidating and negotiate something. there are chances that i might get an n determination letter which means i may not be eligible for the hsc, especially i only have 10 units. i am honestly so scared because i just want to graduate. i don't want to repeat.

should i be honest and say i actually forgot? use the workshop as a backup? I need some advice.

(p.s. before any ppl make judgements, i'd just like to point out that i am much better than this. this was a silly accident and mistake and unfortunately me forgetting to hand it in seems unacceptable. i have 3 major subjects that i am working really hard on. i guess i just suck at balancing subjects. i am pretty organised, but always stressed, anxious, and my memory affects that.)

ThreeSciences

HSC
They won't accept any excuses because they see it as you having an advantage over other students. If they were to accept it, then they would also have to accept other people handing it late, and then the whole concept of having a due date in the first place breaks down.

You'll have to follow whatever the formal appeal policy is (which, as far as I know, requires an interview with the principal and head teacher of the subject). I'm not sure what the exact ramifications are but definitely expect a non-attempt to be recorded (you'll still have to hand in the task, I believe).

Kat92

HSC
It sounds like you could benefit from speaking to a counsellor or psychologist to help with the pressures your under. They would also be able to help you with strategies for calming down and time management. Good Luck with everything! :)

blkboook

HSC
It sounds like you could benefit from speaking to a counsellor or psychologist to help with the pressures your under. They would also be able to help you with strategies for calming down and time management. Good Luck with everything! :)
I'm just trying to figure out how I can approach the head teacher and negotiate something, such as reducing half the total marks. It would be unfair for the other students. Thanks for your help :smile:

blkboook

HSC
They won't accept any excuses because they see it as you having an advantage over other students. If they were to accept it, then they would also have to accept other people handing it late, and then the whole concept of having a due date in the first place breaks down.

You'll have to follow whatever the formal appeal policy is (which, as far as I know, requires an interview with the principal and head teacher of the subject). I'm not sure what the exact ramifications are but definitely expect a non-attempt to be recorded (you'll still have to hand in the task, I believe).
Yeah, I got that. I'm just trying to figure out how to approach the head teacher about this. I have so much on my plate even on 10 units, I have 3 majors. Thanks for your help!

jg1598

HSC
I may be a little late with replying and sorry to sound like a massive cliche but *everybody makes mistakes. :) The best thing you can probably do is just talk to the head teacher and just maybe say honestly that you forgot and it was a genuine mistake and enquire about the appeal form or whatever. I understand why you're probably scared of the head teacher though. But honestly, sometimes PEOPLE FORGET STUFF and if the teacher fails to acknowledge that (especially considering you're in year 12 and have lots on your plate) than there is obviously something very wrong with their mentality... (although the whole HSC system kind of adopts an unreasonable mentality anyway which is stupid so I do understand why you're scared...) That honestly sucks and I hope you're okay - I almost forgot to hand in an assessment on Friday haha. I hope it all works out and I know it's easier said than done but try not to let the anxiety completely consume you, especially with 3 major works... this may be a bit irrelevant but I say this as last week I got anxious to the point where I cried myself sick due to major work and trial stress and I was unable to do anything at all. At the end of the day your wellbeing is MUCH more important than the bloody HSC...

blkboook

HSC
I may be a little late with replying and sorry to sound like a massive cliche but *everybody makes mistakes. :) The best thing you can probably do is just talk to the head teacher and just maybe say honestly that you forgot and it was a genuine mistake and enquire about the appeal form or whatever. I understand why you're probably scared of the head teacher though. But honestly, sometimes PEOPLE FORGET STUFF and if the teacher fails to acknowledge that (especially considering you're in year 12 and have lots on your plate) than there is obviously something very wrong with their mentality... (although the whole HSC system kind of adopts an unreasonable mentality anyway which is stupid so I do understand why you're scared...) That honestly sucks and I hope you're okay - I almost forgot to hand in an assessment on Friday haha. I hope it all works out and I know it's easier said than done but try not to let the anxiety completely consume you, especially with 3 major works... this may be a bit irrelevant but I say this as last week I got anxious to the point where I cried myself sick due to major work and trial stress and I was unable to do anything at all. At the end of the day your wellbeing is MUCH more important than the bloody HSC...
Thank you! You understand me so well and that's so relieving. The HSC definitely not an easy year, and yes, I have forgotten important stuff for my majors and other subjects too and that's done no good. It's even harder and unlucky when it's for a hand-in task. But thank you for your advice, I hope you too, are coping well under stress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)