Im gonna accelerate YAY (1 Viewer)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
3u aligned very slightly better than 2022, so turns out it was harder than 2022?

its hard to tell tho since scaling was so high in 2022, and idk if they corrected it in 2023 (and in that case, aligned marks would've changed value)

WeiWeiMan

HSC
3u aligned very slightly better than 2022, so turns out it was harder than 2022?

its hard to tell tho since scaling was so high in 2022, and idk if they corrected it in 2023 (and in that case, aligned marks would've changed value)
i'm fairly sure the alignment was worse than 2022 (i'd be happy if it was better)
also i thought alignment was based on fitting people into percentiles rather than difficulty cuz imo 2022 was a harder paper than 2023

also 2023 math advanced alignment looks to be worse/on par with 2022 alignment despite being a much harder paper (2021 still harder tho)

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
i'm fairly sure the alignment was worse than 2022 (i'd be happy if it was better)
also i thought alignment was based on fitting people into percentiles rather than difficulty cuz imo 2022 was a harder paper than 2023

also 2023 math advanced alignment looks to be worse/on par with 2022 alignment despite being a much harder paper (2021 still harder tho)
based on raw marks database, 2023 seems marginally better
i do think 2022 was harder also, but they stuffed alignment in 2022, which was corrected by scaling that year

in terms of alignment fitting people into percentiles, idk if thats true
my math teacher told me this, but theres no evidence online that i can find to suggest it
nesa's website says that they just use a marking panel and band descriptors to work out alignment
its possible that they use a mixture of both

however the percentile thing would not work for subjects with small cohorts, since the skill level of the cadiature could drastically change from year to year, which leads me to believe that the percentiles thing is false.

WeiWeiMan

HSC
based on raw marks database, 2023 seems marginally better
i do think 2022 was harder also, but they stuffed alignment in 2022, which was corrected by scaling that year

in terms of alignment fitting people into percentiles, idk if thats true
my math teacher told me this, but theres no evidence online that i can find to suggest it
nesa's website says that they just use a marking panel and band descriptors to work out alignment
its possible that they use a mixture of both

however the percentile thing would not work for subjects with small cohorts, since the skill level of the cadiature could drastically change from year to year, which leads me to believe that the percentiles thing is false.
Wdym by stuffed alignment? From what I saw the alignment was insanely good that year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)