SOOOO GGUYSS IVE BEEN THIKIGNG.

Im planning on accelerating maths adv in yr 9 and possibly math ext 1

ANY BENEFITS FROM DOING IT EARLY 😍😍

THX MY BAESSSπŸ€­πŸ˜ŠπŸ€—

Note not next year*

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
accelerating adv AND ext1 will be intense, definitely think abt whether you're more likely to perform accelerated vs unaccelerated. the benefit is that you'll have those subjects over and done with +familiar with the HSC experience. another benefit is that you have a "2nd chance", if u do shit in the accelerated HSC you could resit the next year HOWEVER this isn't a true benefit imo bcz ideally you'd wanna perform well the first time, or just don't accelerate at all yfm.

downside is that ur workload will be significantly higher, like more homework, more assessments some of them may clash as well e.g. prelims and trials. it's just a ton of work to accelerate multiple subjects esp smth like ext1 but still doable

I accelerated ext1 and I wanted to drop it many times bcz it felt impossible, but I pulled through 🀩🀞🏽 if u enjoy math and work well under pressure then go for it

Bronx_Tips

HSC
accelerating adv AND ext1 will be intense, definitely think abt whether you're more likely to perform accelerated vs unaccelerated. the benefit is that you'll have those subjects over and done with +familiar with the HSC experience. another benefit is that you have a "2nd chance", if u do shit in the accelerated HSC you could resit the next year HOWEVER this isn't a true benefit imo bcz ideally you'd wanna perform well the first time, or just don't accelerate at all yfm.

downside is that ur workload will be significantly higher, like more homework, more assessments some of them may clash as well e.g. prelims and trials. it's just a ton of work to accelerate multiple subjects esp smth like ext1 but still doable

I accelerated ext1 and I wanted to drop it many times bcz it felt impossible, but I pulled through 🀩🀞🏽 if u enjoy math and work well under pressure then go for it
HOWW IT WONT CLASH IN YEAR 9 NO TRIALS NO PRELIMS JUST EASY YR 9 EXAMS SO PERFECT TIME TO ACCELERATE BUT YAY TY BAE I LOVE YOU SMOOCH

WeiWeiMan

HSC

Note not next year*
maths ext 1 is defo a much bigger workload than advanced but doing it in yr9 should be fairly doable if you study hard

anyway if you wanna avoid stress don't be like me and study 3 days before trials

benefits should be self explanatory but the negatives are stress mostly

Bronx_Tips

HSC
maths ext 1 is defo a much bigger workload than advanced but doing it in yr9 should be fairly doable if you study hard

anyway if you wanna avoid stress don't be like me and study 3 days before trials

benefits should be self explanatory but the negatives are stress mostly
thx my future man :D

liamkk112

HSC

Note not next year*
benefit = less workload in yr 11/12

i think advanced math is definetly doable if u like math and are willing to put in the hours to learn yr9,10,11,12 content accelerated since prob yr9-10 content is useful but hoenstly i didnt really need it so yea

ext 1 is a bit harder, but again i think with effort u got it

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
yr 8 I JUST LOVE MATHS
yeah no i think youll do fine. Just please try to act/be serious when your hscs do come around. The way you're acting in this forum kind of implies that you're crazy immature. I'm sure you'll get there eventually, but senior years aren't a joke at the end of the day, as they will affect your future- SO PLEASE GET THIS IN CHECK .

GOOD LUCK THO- !!!🏴

liamkk112

HSC
UGHH IM struggling with differentiation especially I think I said it a billion times already
a good time is to think of derivative as basically getting a ratio/rate of change as accurate as possible. if you've done some basic physics u know that speed = distance/time, or Ξ”d/Ξ”t. effectively all the derivative does is make the Ξ” smaller and smaller by taking the limit. thats where dy/dx is from, it comes from Ξ”y/Ξ”x in the limit.

in terms of formula id derive with first principle first, then apply. try to derive chain and product rule too if u can

WeiWeiMan

HSC
a good time is to think of derivative as basically getting a ratio/rate of change as accurate as possible. if you've done some basic physics u know that speed = distance/time, or Ξ”d/Ξ”t. effectively all the derivative does is make the Ξ” smaller and smaller by taking the limit. thats where dy/dx is from, it comes from Ξ”y/Ξ”x in the limit.

in terms of formula id derive with first principle first, then apply. try to derive chain and product rule too if u can
ngl i couldn't wrap my head around that way of explaining the derivative
I personally just thought of 1 point gradient/ steepness and didn't run into any issues

scaryshark09

βˆžβˆ† who let 'em cook dis long βˆ†βˆž
HSC

Note not next year*
if you're in year 7 and thinking about accelerating math already, i assume you'll be in a position later on where it is beneficial for your atar to do 4u.

considering this, i would recommend accelerating both adv and ext 1 in year 9, whilst you have no other major exams. accelerating 2u by itself that early is kinda useless if you end up doing 4u, which is something i think you should consider. (in case you don't already know, when you do 4u, your 2u mark is no longer counted towards your atar)

this way you at least have a 3u mark locked in that can count towards your atar, and you may like to complete 4u later.

however, once you reach this stage, i think it would be beneficial to repeat 3u at the same time you do 4u, as doing 4u makes 3u seem easy and you can perform better. this ofc depends on your 3u mark the first time (if you get 49-50/50 keep the mark, if you get 47-48/50 consider repeating, if you get 46 or below then repeat.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)