Im Also Concerned xD (1 Viewer)

iMiraj

HSC
Hey Everyone :)

Like the other thread... Im also Concerned about my subjects for the HSC.

Im Quite good at Science and Maths (I get from 70 - 90 % with the usual bludging every class) and With English I get from 70 - 80 %

I was wondering what subjects would be suitable for a career path for a Psychiatrist, or, as a backup, a Psychologist (I havent really thought any further than that.)

Im doing an excellerated IPT course which i will finish at the end of year 11, and im also doing an excellerated Chemistry course, which i will also finish at the end of year 11 (If i fail it completely, i've been told that i can redo the HSC test for it)

So thats three units.

But for my other subjects, im confused alot..

I know that i really want to do Mathematics Extension 1, and then 2

Im not sure about English.

Science, i want to do Biology and Physics aswell.

Now heres my question, does Mathematics Extension 1 make up 3 units?

So this means that during year 12, i will only have to do 7 units to be eligible for a UAI.

I heard that doing extra units helps because if you fail in one of the subjects, you might get better marks as you have other subjects to take the units from.

If this is true, then should I still continue on with Psychics, because it is not required for Psychiatry or Psychology?

Thank You xD

jellybelly59

HSC
iMiraj said:
If this is true, then should I still continue on with Psychics, because it is not required for Psychiatry or Psychology?

Thank You xD
ROFL

iMiraj said:
Now heres my question, does Mathematics Extension 1 make up 3 units?
umm... 2 unit mathematics and Ext 1 mathematics together make up 3 units.

iMiraj said:
I heard that doing extra units helps because if you fail in one of the subjects, you might get better marks as you have other subjects to take the units from.
Yep... only your top 10 units count... i like to call them padding subjects :D. As for if you should do it (physics) or not depends whether or not you will like physics and that will require you to get some feedback via teachers, looking at the syllabus and asking other year 11 students about dere experiences bout physics.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)