I'm a little confused, help please? (1 Viewer)

M

MichelleV

So for English (standard) I was ranked outright 1st with an internal mark of 80.
Today though when I checked my results, it told me both my internal and external were 72. (I know I screwed up paper 1 because our text didn't suit the question...)

Can somebody explain why its telling me my internal mark is so much lower? I don't really understand and i'm a little upset right now because this is what is stopping me from getting into the coarse i want... :(

Thank you for your help~

ReneeApple

HSC
Your internal marks aren't what's important. The important thing is your rank.

Every school sits different internal assessments. These are not equal. A school's internal assessments could be easier or harder than another school's, or a teacher may mark harder or easier.

So it wouldn't be fair to give everybody the internal mark they achieved as it's not equal across the schools.

The only thing that is equal across the schools is the external HSC mark. So they use your external mark to determine the internal mark. The person who is ranked first internally receives the highest external mark as their internal mark (like what happened to you). The same thing happens with last, whoever is ranked last internally will receive the lowest external mark as their internal mark. Everyone else's internal marks are calculated off the class' external average and the relative position between ranks.

K

khorne

Your internal mark (coming first) will be the highest external mark. Looks like you only got 72 in the HSC, so your internal become 72.

M

MichelleV

Your internal mark (coming first) will be the highest external mark. Looks like you only got 72 in the HSC, so your internal become 72.
Yeah, I'm not surprised. Our text for belonging didn't work and one of my related texts had nothing to do with places, so i was really grasping at straws there.
I was hoping my internal would bring me up though :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)