I'm a bit worried, my study habits.. (1 Viewer)

timcos

I'm severely worried about myself, I seem to not be able to do more than an hour a day, and I hear some of you doing 6 hours or more a day. I eel unproductive and ready to fail. I got ok marks in the trials with less or the same amount of study. Should I worry, what's wrong with me etc? I know only I can answer - but any advice guys?

Thx

Johnny G

NEVER ever worry about failing - the more you focus on it, the worse you'll feel and the more you'll be setting yourself up to do so - try and focus on positive shit - the best you can do is the best you can do - All anyone can do is try - I havnt been very productive for the last month and exams are next week - all I can suggest is to try as hard as you possibly can...thats all ive got - sorry

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
if what you did for the trials worked, do it. all the advice i can give.

i crammed like crazy before all my trials and aced them all. im gonna do the same thing for hsc

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Well wk 1 and 2 of these holidays I hardely did any study, I got distracted/ caught up with other things. But its never to late to start doing more study.. this wk , I said to myself Ive gotta sit down and make myself work I have no choice ... this wk I'm concentrating on english because I have about 6 or 7 days off between each of my exams so I have time to revise more then. Just set some goals, say I wanna get this done by today. Set small goals for yourself.
If you have been studying for a hour a day say ok tommorow I will study for 1 1/2 hours or 2 hours, build it up.
I dont study 24/7 I still go out throught the day and still have a life. I study a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the night. Just remember whatever study you do helps.

Dubya

failing physics
HSC
Originally posted by crazylilmonkee
be aware of ur goal and use that to motivate yourself
thats a good policy. b4 trials i set myself the goal of achieving good enough marks in physics chem and math to apply for early entry and used that as my sole motivation for my study.

i got those marks and now ive got a garunteed place in a bachelor of science in medicinal chemistry at woolongong.

so i guess it worked. dunno wat im gunna use for mativation in the hsc. maybe entry into the honours program??

Chookus

HSC
timcos dont worry i am a bit the same i can only study and hour a day but then i try motivate myself to do more and some how it works??????

cakes

hi
HSC
the only time i can study for more than an hour straight is the night before the actual exam =s I just cant concentrate and keep thinking about the things i'd rather be doing

haha, i've been doing the same maths paper for 3 days now.. lol =\

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
Use the rest of your time productively. You sound like you need some motivation? What sort of courses are you interested in? Well if you did all right in the trials, I guess just focus on the key areas and issues of your topics. Practice is important especially for English. You don't need to compare yourself to others. Work at a pace you're comfortable with. Good luck.

salpal

Originally posted by timcos
I'm severely worried about myself, I seem to not be able to do more than an hour a day, and I hear some of you doing 6 hours or more a day. I eel unproductive and ready to fail. I got ok marks in the trials with less or the same amount of study. Should I worry, what's wrong with me etc? I know only I can answer - but any advice guys?

Thx
i am feeling EXACTLY the same as you! i swear u are my twin....

but yeah, i am feeling very scared, alone and depressed, because if i fail, i will feel bad to my parents because they have paid for my private education and it would suck to waste all that money because i JUST CANT STUDY!

ive been reading the posts and the amount that people are studying are freaking me out. i can do an hour maybe even two and i just dont feel competent enough to do my exams. what makes it worse is that i havent been sleeping well at night. im so exhausted and ive done jack shit.

yep, my life is a hole.

ballerinabarbie

bundy for me
HSC
i feel the same... i did 6 hours a day for the first 2 days of the holidays, and felt fine... but the last week i've only been able to do about 3-4 hours a day and i feel anything i do is just NOT sinking in! i'm starting to get really stressed... and that's not a good thing coz i'll end up getting sick and... ahhhhhhh i don't even want to think about it

timcos

I actually spent 2-3 hrs on english last night, I was proud of myself. I plan to again tonight. Just being positive now - only thing I can be if I wanna get thru this.

rhinoivory

Take this into account.

If you've been productive all year, you don't need to study heaps, just go over notes and you are fine...

If you haven't been prodticative, possibly ask your friends for help (as in notes, aka, practise essays and rote learn them)

If you just cant study, then thats the way it is!

Anyway, who says that those that study for 5-6hours are being productive? Calm down people!

chris42

HSC
Yeah, we just need to try and stay as least stressed as possible and try the best, and thats all that we can do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)