illness/ misadventure (1 Viewer)

helpless5555

HSC
Hi guys... I don't know... I'll just start
My uncle, who was very close to me, partly raising me as I was young, passed on the 18th of this month, during the hsc, before my biology exam. As you can imagine, I was very distraught and was unable to put 100% into my studies... even more so as my parents did not allow me to attend his funeral due to hsc.
I had no idea about a misadventure/illness 'thing' we can appeal to until today. I have tried to focus on my studies as much as I can, going to libraries in hopes that I would not burst into tears because I was in public but it didn't work... I don't want your sympathy or anything =/ There's nothing I can do.

My friend told me she did an illness thing after she got the flu during the hsc exam period... and that if she does bad she will get her assessment mark? I was wondering if i could do the same?
I don't know how to say it but in short,
I want to know if there is anything I can do? and if so what? ...
My biology, math and business exam passed and i have yet to do pdhpe
Thank you all in advance :)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes you should submit an illness/misadventure appeal.

Contact your school asap and they'll go through the necessary paperwork with you.

Higher School Certificate illness/misadventure appeals – grounds for appeal
ACE 11004
Last Updated: 30 July 2012
As the examination marks are intended to be a measure of a student’s actual examination performance, appeals must relate to
illness or misadventure suffered immediately before or during the examination(s) that has affected the student’s examination
performance. Appeals may be in respect of:
a. illness or injury – that is, illness or physical injuries suffered directly by the student which allegedly affected the
student’s performance in the examination(s) (eg influenza, an asthma attack, a cut hand);
b. misadventure – that is, any other event beyond the student’s control which allegedly affected the student’s performance
in the examination(s) (eg death of a friend or family member, involvement in a traffic accident, isolation caused by a
flood).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)