illness misadventure ? (1 Viewer)

lanamariie

HSC
can i fill out an illness misadventure for the next few exams because my grandmother passed away and on top of that i am sick .. I have economics tomorrow, bio on friday and 2Unit math on monday !

please let me know.

and if so what are the chances of it being upheld ?

choiyokbao

HSC
sorry to hear about your grandmother, for illness/misadventure, you'll at least need a doctor's certificate and i think depends on how sick you are...? not too sure but its best to still attempt the test if possible

lanamariie

HSC
sorry to hear about your grandmother, for illness/misadventure, you'll at least need a doctor's certificate and i think depends on how sick you are...? not too sure but its best to still attempt the test if possible
hey thanks ! yeah i know i need to attempt them but im just in so much pain, i cant even concentrate on studying how will i be able to in the exam ? i dont know if im sick enough to get a doctors cert, ive had a migraine all day and my stomachs been killing me all night .. i was fine in english today as i took some medicine before i went in but all these exams coming up are 3 hours long .. and on top of that theres my grandmother being taken away from me .. im just so stressed out.. i dont even want to do the exams anymore

lanamariie

HSC
hey thanks ! yeah i know i need to attempt them but im just in so much pain, i cant even concentrate on studying how will i be able to in the exam ? i dont know if im sick enough to get a doctors cert, ive had a migraine all day and my stomachs been killing me all night .. i was fine in english today as i took some medicine before i went in but all these exams coming up are 3 hours long .. and on top of that theres my grandmother being taken away from me .. im just so stressed out.. i dont even want to do the exams anymore

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
For the sickness you will need a med cert. For your grandmother's passing you will need to provide a funeral notice or death certificate. Talk to the supervisor or your teacher about an appeal form. Good luck!!!

Jatz2012

HSC
i am so sorry for your loss. its such a shame you missed out on the economics test. it was the easiest paper iv seen for the hsc. you must contact your welfare adviser at school and they will give you a form to complete. you will need as BOBOY said above a med cert. for your illness and a funeral notice or death certificate. Hope you get well before you other exams.

lanamariie

HSC
i am so sorry for your loss. its such a shame you missed out on the economics test. it was the easiest paper iv seen for the hsc. you must contact your welfare adviser at school and they will give you a form to complete. you will need as BOBOY said above a med cert. for your illness and a funeral notice or death certificate. Hope you get well before you other exams.
I was able to sit economics.. just tried my best and did what i could, i have biology tomorrow morning and mathematics (2unit) on monday. I spoke to my coordinator and she send me an illness misadventure form, she actually told me to do it without even asking.. but im just confused about what the presiding officer should write in their section? like how are they going to know? also the sickness is pretty low so im not going to bother getting a med cert, i have a cert as evidence of my grandmothers passing though. Im just confused about how many exams i could apply the illness form to, do i do it for all my exams, like all the ones i have left? or just todays one and tomorrows one? i dont get it :( and do i have to fill out a different form for each subject ?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
This close to the exams include all the exams on the form - the impact of grieving can be quite a long one.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
im just confused about what the presiding officer should write in their section? like how are they going to know? and do i have to fill out a different form for each subject ?
The role of the presiding officer is to comment on your appearance/demeanour during the exams. For example, were you crying? Did you spend long periods staring into space? That information assists the b.o.s. to assess your appeal, particularly the extent of your grieving if you appeal over several weeks. You only need one form, but you fill in a new space for each exam appealed.

lanamariie

HSC
This close to the exams include all the exams on the form - the impact of grieving can be quite a long one.
thanks.. i spoke to my coordinator and she said the same thing .. I had bio yesterday and now im trying to study for maths and i cant concentrate at all..
I was able to get three certificates as evidence, from the doctor, the funeral and the church.. and I gave the presiding officer her section to feel out and ill do the same for my other exams. Im really worried about math, its going to be so hard to be able to concentrate properly the other exams were okay because whatever i write it would go but math its either do something or do nothing .. Im so tired i just want to finish and relax .. Ill apply for all the exams but does that mean if the form is upheld than it will be considered for all the exams i applied for? then if my exam mark is higher than my internal i get it otherwise vice versa?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
No - in each individual subject you will get whatever mark is best for you so you might get the illness/misadventure for say Maths but not appear to get it for Bio simply because you Bio exam was the best option for you while for Maths it was better for you not to have your exam included.

The BOS will always do what is best for you.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
cem, like OP, I'm also quite sick - most likely from infection pr food poisoning. It happened on Friday.

Currently, I'm feeling extremely exhausted (from sickness) and dehydration as I have quite severe diarrhoea.

Do you think I should fill out a misadventure form after the exam?

lanamariie

HSC
No - in each individual subject you will get whatever mark is best for you so you might get the illness/misadventure for say Maths but not appear to get it for Bio simply because you Bio exam was the best option for you while for Maths it was better for you not to have your exam included.

The BOS will always do what is best for you.
Okay that makes sense .. i applied for 3 subjects, bio eco and math, if the mark i got in eco and bio are higher than what i will get if i used my internals then i get the exam mark and the illness/misadventure will not be used for them but lets say for math that my mark was lower than what is expected than i will get my internal instead of the exam mark right ? ad it will state on my certificate that it was a misadventure right?

and this is all only done if my form is upheld ? what arre the chances of it being upheld ?

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
cem, like OP, I'm also quite sick - most likely from infection pr food poisoning. It happened on Friday.

Currently, I'm feeling extremely exhausted (from sickness) and dehydration as I have quite severe diarrhoea.

Do you think I should fill out a misadventure form after the exam?
First off - get to a doctor asap - before Monday - then on Monday see your supervisor and principal to get the paperwork started.

I most certainly think you should fill in an illness/misadventure form - it can't hurt.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Okay that makes sense .. i applied for 3 subjects, bio eco and math, if the mark i got in eco and bio are higher than what i will get if i used my internals then i get the exam mark and the illness/misadventure will not be used for them but lets say for math that my mark was lower than what is expected than i will get my internal instead of the exam mark right ? ad it will state on my certificate that it was a misadventure right?

and this is all only done if my form is upheld ? what arre the chances of it being upheld ?
I don't know what the chances are as I am not employed by the BOS in making those determinations but...I do know of kids who have received it for having ill parents/grandparents during the exam period and a death of a close relative definitely counts.

If you are given the misadvantage it will indicate that on the results but remember that not having doesn't mean it wasn't granted but simply it could be that it wasn't needed.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
B.O.S. annual reports show that around 90% of illness & misadventure appeals are approved, so your chances are pretty good.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
B.O.S. annual reports show that around 90% of illness & misadventure appeals are approved, so your chances are pretty good.
Seriously? I expected it to be high but not THAT high!

Interesting...

Also, thanks cem for that - I went to the doctor today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)