"i'll get back to ya" (1 Viewer)

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
if u ask someone out and they say "i'll get back to ya" is this like aka NO or a serious thought attempt...??

please explain for me:)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
I would take it as a no.

Instead of thinking over whether or not they should go out with you, they might be thinking up an euphemism for "no", or fabricating a fantastical excuse. ;)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
haha! thanks! i like the word "no" better.. u spend less time pondering :p
Mmhmm, me too.

It might be more hurtful, but at least it kills your hopes on the spot instead of stomping all over them later.

*Buttercup*

HSC
it doesnt always mean no...

when my bf asked me out i wanted to think bout it... coz i was taken by surprise when he asked me, and altho i liked him i felt like we had a lot to lose if our relationship went wrong coz we had such a great friendship. so i didnt wana go into it lightly, so i asked if i could think about it.

however i then called him up at the first available opportunity the next day to say yes (once i realised i was an idiot for needing to think about it at all!!)

so yeah... what im tryin to say is... it could be genuine pondering.

but if they actually said the words "ill get back to ya"... that sorta sounds like they arent taking it very seriously. when i said it, it was more like, "is it alright if i think about it?" so maybe it is a polite no in this case.

Malazn Pleasure

External Auditor
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
if u ask someone out and they say "i'll get back to ya" is this like aka NO or a serious thought attempt...??

maybe the guy needed time to get pass ur ugliness

iamsickofyear12

HSC
*Buttercup* said:
it doesnt always mean no...

when my bf asked me out i wanted to think bout it... coz i was taken by surprise when he asked me, and altho i liked him i felt like we had a lot to lose if our relationship went wrong coz we had such a great friendship. so i didnt wana go into it lightly, so i asked if i could think about it.

however i then called him up at the first available opportunity the next day to say yes (once i realised i was an idiot for needing to think about it at all!!)

so yeah... what im tryin to say is... it could be genuine pondering.

but if they actually said the words "ill get back to ya"... that sorta sounds like they arent taking it very seriously. when i said it, it was more like, "is it alright if i think about it?" so maybe it is a polite no in this case.
I don't think saying "I'll think about it" is very nice. If you have doubts you should talk through them right then and there and make a decision. If I asked a girl out and she said "I'll think about it" I would probably tell her I changed my mind if she said yes later, unless I really really liked her a lot or she was incredibly hot.

*Buttercup*

HSC
it probably wasnt the best thing to do... but i was truly taken by complete surprise and didnt know what to say.

anyway it all worked out coz we're still together n it's been a year :)

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Well one way or another your going to find out.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Snow Pea! said:

probably usually no, but it could be something the peson said knowing they need to think about it

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
oh, thats a pity, but hey, cant change the way things play out once they're in process

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Snow Pea! said:
he got back to me:)
he sed he doenst want nething serious like a gf.oh wells...
Hehe don't worry, i think what he's trying to say is,"Im Gay"

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Malazn Pleasure said:
yeah she must be heaps hot to b rejected.
If by saying "I'll get back to you", he actually wanted to have a think about whether or not he should begin a relationship with her, then he's not a shallow prick.

Average-looking people are taken because they are fun to be around, and gorgeous people are rejected for being unpleasant and rude.

If you're going for the "I only go out with hot girls" rule, then the idea of real relationships won't make any sense.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
of late, i got a "i would if i could, but i'm kinda seeing someone at the moment".

the only logical inference i can put to "i would if i could" is "but i can't so i won't".

people should be less equivocal with their words really.

HSC
Frigid said:
of late, i got a "i would if i could, but i'm kinda seeing someone at the moment".

the only logical inference i can put to "i would if i could" is "but i can't so i won't".

people should be less equivocal with their words really.
You should be more generous with your words.

Did you block me on MSN or have you not been online for the last few million years?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)