ILIP question (1 Viewer)

Aussiechick

HSC
ok, I've almost completed the ILIP assignment online, but there's one question that keeps tripping me up EVERY TIME! I've tried every way of answering it that I can think of and still it says I haven't answered it properly. Here's the question

8. What database gives you electronic access to the journal Journal of literary studies ?
(Hint: Do a Journal Title search on the UoW Library

the most obvious answer to this is Expanded Academic ASAP but it won't accept it... anyone got any insight into this mystery question? I'm completely stumped

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I did a search and the answer should be <b> Infotrac </b>

If not, try these: Ingenta, Expanded Academic ASAP Plus, Thomson - Gale, or Galegroup.

But it should be Infotrac, the Expanded Academic ASAP Plus is the searching service while Infotrac is the actual database.

Aussiechick

HSC
it still isn't working.. *is getting annoyed now* I tried every answer u put there, and Expanded Academic ASAP Plus Infotrac and none of them work.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
It might just be case sensitive, if thats the case, then it should be InfoTrac

But if that doesn't work, then i've got no idea and i'd be asking the library.

santaslayer

HSC
Send an email if you've tried everything...to the Librarian...who should forward the email to the turd responsible for IT services... Something similar happened when I did it last yr and the Librarian just let me pass the thing without me finishing it....LoLz

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
I just did it in first week. Informatics students really don't have difficult questions. Hell, Informatics students don't really use the library services. I did to study in, but that's all.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Yeah Commerce ILIP was a walk in the park as long as you knew Emerald and Proquest.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
poloktim said:
I just did it in first week. Informatics students really don't have difficult questions. Hell, Informatics students don't really use the library services. I did to study in, but that's all.
we had to do a fair bit of research in first session

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
we had to do a fair bit of research in first session
www.google.com would be how you researched? I know that's how I did all my research for JAPA110 (even though we were advised not to use the Internet).

iamsickofyear12

HSC
After just completing ILIP I don't understand why everyone has to do it. You can just guess over and over until you get it right.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I am in the faculty of informatics, i don't know how much that effected what I was doing but I only had to do 2 pages.

Of those 2 pages some had 4 answers and some where Yes or No and there were 2 that I had to search the journals database but it hints you to do it and even has a link on the side on the test to get there.

Just go through guessing and when you finish it will start you from the start again (if you didn't get them all right the first time) and will have either a cross or tick next to the questions, remember which option you chose the last time and just do it repeatedly until you pass.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Well they're not.

Uni exams are great, think you went horrible, don't be surprised if you get a mark back with something like 84%, think you went great, you'll still somehow get back a 38% on that assessment. Sometimes it feels like they grade students like it's part of lotto.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Thats kind of like what they did to mark English last year at my school. They had a wheel with the marks on it and they would spin it around to see what everyone got.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Our teachers used to throw sushi at a dartboard to determine our marks.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I've actually been emailed by a tutor who told me he lost my assessment but 'what do you think you would have got and be honest? a credit? distinction?' I walked away with a 87 for an assessment I didn't even do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)