If your major is psychology, can you still do math in 3rd and 4th year? (1 Viewer)

JJ_Lin

HSC
I read the hand book of sydney uni for Bachelor of Psychology, it says like math is only compulsory in 1st nad 2nd year. But what happen if I really want to do some math just for my own interest? Can you slip into some math class to study? It that allowed?

And, also, I am in one of the WORST school in NSW, but I am aiming for ATAR at least 97.5 so I can do Bachelor of Psy. It that possible for me? Because I heard they going to mark you down because your peers in school are doing bad. Is it true that you can score extremely high notwithstanding your bad school?

Thanks for anyone's answer

Miz Janani

HSC
I read the hand book of sydney uni for Bachelor of Psychology, it says like math is only compulsory in 1st nad 2nd year. But what happen if I really want to do some math just for my own interest? Can you slip into some math class to study? It that allowed?

And, also, I am in one of the WORST school in NSW, but I am aiming for ATAR at least 97.5 so I can do Bachelor of Psy. It that possible for me? Because I heard they going to mark you down because your peers in school are doing bad. Is it true that you can score extremely high notwithstanding your bad school?

Thanks for anyone's answer
Hey :)

My schools is pretty bad as well and I also want to do psychology in at UNSW. And because of my marks in the trials (due to family problems -.- ) I know i wont get the ATAR.

I was going to do a bachelor of science majoring in psyhcology, and then do an internal transfer after the first year. That only requires an ATAR of 78 (Approx. 2010 guidelines).

I think i rambled, and didnt help very much, but maybe you could take my option if you dont get your desired ATAR.

LordPc

HSC
a major in psychology means 50% of the subjects that you do are psychology

so you can do whatever you want with the rest. so you could do a major in math too i think. making it 50% psychology with 50% math.

thats for a bach. of science. Bach. of psychology might be a little different

and school doesnt matter. if you do well, you do well. if you do bad, you do bad, your school wont make the difference between an atar of 99 and 90.

LordPc

HSC
Hey :)

My schools is pretty bad as well and I also want to do psychology in at UNSW. And because of my marks in the trials (due to family problems -.- ) I know i wont get the ATAR.

I was going to do a bachelor of science majoring in psyhcology, and then do an internal transfer after the first year. That only requires an ATAR of 78 (Approx. 2010 guidelines).

I think i rambled, and didnt help very much, but maybe you could take my option if you dont get your desired ATAR.
AFAIK

B Psych and B Science are identical except:
-B science you have to get 65 (atleast a credit) to do honours while honours is included in the B Psych
-B science you have to do science electives while B psych can do electives from any faculty

so there is little difference.

in the end, you actually come out with the same degree regardless of whether you were in Bpsych or b science (major in psych)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)