If you were voted PM how would you reform.... (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
-Abolish mandatory detention for refugees
-Abolish all public funding for private and religious schools.
-Abolish all subsidies for private health care.
-Install a 55% Resource Super Profits Tax
-Carbon tax of $28 per tonne.
-Building some water recycling plants.
this is pretty much the greens party policies and as you can see, its some gay shit

aussie-boy

HSC
Why do people emphasise public healthcare so much?

Most of the money is spent on a few people who are continually sick, with a chain of recurring problems - i.e. a complete waste of money

Many people have never stepped foot in a hospital; I even felt guilty for leeching off the taxpayer when I had to get stitches after a drunk accident

The focus should be on preventative healthcare - medicare levy rebates for people who participate in community sport, public gyms, mandatory health testing at school and programs specifically targeted to the fat kids

Lentern

HSC
this is pretty much the greens party policies and as you can see, its some gay shit
Greens want a 45% RSPT and a $23 per ton carbon tax which in reality they'd settle for a $20 one if the government backed it. But it is no secret that I am a greens supporter.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
[youtube]SCXtfR0_roE[/youtube]

this is pretty much the greatest thing ever

Last edited:

_Duck_

HSC
N/A
Re-institute the feudal system of property ownership.

Seriously though, i'm reasonably happy with the nature of Australian politics at the moment, Howard left us in good stead and with the exception of the stimulus packages Rudd has been less of a trainwreck than i'd expect from an ALP commie. I would:
Abolish the mining tax
Cut welfare slightly
Lower taxes
Prosecute Rudd and Swann for the stimulus packages
Institute a smear campaign against Julia Gillard for being a lying, disloyal, backstabbing bitch
Increase quota of refugees but introduce a system of deportation for refugees who commit crime (or enforce if there currently is one)

Got2Kno91

HSC
Hmm, I am incredibly bored so decided that maybe giving this a go might help me decide who's vote worthy this election...

Education
Eliminate laptops for students program, as well as the Building Education Revolution. These disastrous programs are a complete waste of tax payers money. Ask any student newly endowed with a tax payer laptop, and they'll tell you they are nothing but a distraction in class. Furthermore,I know at my school, in my last year in year 12, kids would just play low-end computer games on their laptops all lunch instead of playing sport or just mucking around outside.

Bring in incentives for teachers to improve their style of teaching, as well as to improve their skills. Teachers who consistently achieve greater leaps in skill attainment for their students (as measured off peers in similar schools teaching the same subject area) get payed the most, with a 'sliding scale' down to the worst teachers who receive abysmal wages to strongly discourage continuing with the profession. Worst teachers get sacked. Head hunt from an early age the best performing students who exhibit qualities suitable for teaching from high school/at uni and provide generous packages to encourage pursuit of the profession. Systematically recognize talented students as early as year 1 or 2 primary school and as late as university, and seek to provide them with faster tracked learning, if appropriate in a selective schooling environment. Abolish selective schools admissions test as sole basis for admission to a selective school.

Transport
Public transport, public transport and more public transport, oh and cycle ways. As an example, for Sydney (I know pm does not have the authority to carry out these measures personally): Aim to DOUBLE bus/rail/ferry frequencies by 2020. Extensive cycle network SEPERATE FROM THE ROADWAY (aka sprayed on symbols of bikes on the road IS NOT A CYCLEWAY). Introduction of extensive light rail for high density areas. Halve public transport costs, introduce integrated ticketing with a credit system, with cheaper ticketing the heavier the use. All of these measures would drastically reduce road use and congestion, while sparking economic growth by drastic reducing fuel costs and travel time for businesses.

Welfare
Extensive scrutiny of those persons on disability support pensions, as well as persons on long term unemployment benefits. Drastic reform for public housing: massive sell offs and consolidation, particularly in heritage areas and of full sized houses. Position public housing as only a temporary solution in times of desperation for all but the most vulnerable persons. Kick out tenants on a stable, adequate income. Aim to decrease the red tape and lower taxes on developments in order to lower housing development costs and in turn eventually rent.

Taxes
The wealthy in this country are punished severely and looked down upon for being successful. Many admittedly are advantaged from birth, but many people also work their asses off all their life to get where they are. Taxes on the highest incomes are exorbitant at best. They have to be gradually cut, and the severity of the 'income bracket' system we currently have drastically reduced and 'flattened out' so to speak.

Healthcare
Federal health care system, cut the bureaucracy and waste. It would be nice to think a practical way to introduce tax breaks and incentives for people who keep fit/eat healthy/don't smoke or take drugs could be found, but i can't think of anything practical.

Communications
NBN is a gigantic waste of money (tens of billions) and provisioning internet infrastructure on such a massive scale is a grossly inappropriate role for the federal government to take. However, already billions have most likely been spent on its development so pulling out now would be foolish.

Infrastructure
Invest in rail. See Public Transport for the gist of the focus.

... hmm, so I guess both the major parties are crap. Oh well, may as well vote Greens simply because Labor and Liberal are so spineless, and just keep spluttering their rhetorical, meaningless, petty garbage...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)